Transfer discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then every player signing a new contract wants a bonus, surely thats a good reason not to be doing it?

If he wants to go there for the love of the game so be it, but I really doubt it. 140k a week is more than enough to offer, if he wants more than that then he can walk and we'll bring someone else into the squad who wants to spot. That guy is already on our books and killing it at the udders.

Players already get bonuses for signing back on, contracts are filled with all kinds of attainable bonuses for signing new deals or staying for certain periods of time, also no reason why other players would even know what is being discussed.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Players already get bonuses for signing back on, contracts are filled with all kinds of attainable bonuses for signing new deals or staying for certain periods of time, also no reason why other players would even know what is being discussed.

Fair enough, in my understanding signing on bonuses/fees are usually lager but I could be wrong.

Though he's a nice footballer he's not going to be too hard to replace.

Fair enough, in my understanding signing on bonuses/fees are usually lager but I could be wrong.

Though he's a nice footballer he's not going to be too hard to replace.

Normally signing on fees would be but they aren't some massive amount, clubs go for free agents because they are saving a transfer fee, unless you're a top 20 player in the world the sign on will be nowhere near what the transfer fee would be.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Feel like teams realize 2 years out from a contract expiring if there's no chance of the player resigning, do everything you can to sell while he has market value.

But seems to be way more players just wanting to go to free agency now so to speak.

Feel like teams realize 2 years out from a contract expiring if there's no chance of the player resigning, do everything you can to sell while he has market value.

But seems to be way more players just wanting to go to free agency now so to speak.

A lot of that would be covid related, loss of earnings or whatever so happy to run down the contract and get a bigger payday.

wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
Pros
-good on the ball
-reads the play well
-good defensively

Cons
-a bit soft
-confidence easily rattled

I'd prefer to keep him but it looks like he's walking. Barcelona seems likeliest at this stage.

This photo is honestly the first time I’ve seen what he looks like. Shows my ignorance/non attention to the PL.

I’ve always had a picture of Geelong Cats Christensen in my head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
This photo is honestly the first time I’ve seen what he looks like. Shows my ignorance/non attention to the PL.

I’ve always had a picture of Geelong Cats Christensen in my head

He was on loan at monchengladbach for a couple of seasons and did really well a few years back.

You didn't watch the UCL final?

wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
I think it is a loan being discussed.

That’d be an interesting one. Is he an 8 or a 10?

As an 8, he’d be better than Dahoud but I wouldn’t want him to replace Dahoud in the starting lineup.

As a 10, he’d fit well in the centre, but Reus is spending a fair bit of time there given Malen and Hazard are playing wings.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
That’d be an interesting one. Is he an 8 or a 10?

As an 8, he’d be better than Dahoud but I wouldn’t want him to replace Dahoud in the starting lineup.

As a 10, he’d fit well in the centre, but Reus is spending a fair bit of time there given Malen and Hazard are playing wings.

He played his best football at Ajax as a 10/ 2nd striker. He can play as an 8 though.

Only Salah, Jota and Vardy have more goals than Sadio in the Premier League. I dont know what you want him to do outside of suddenly become Lionel Messi. He's on track for another 20-25 goal season.

🤷‍♂️

That's not the question I asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back