Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
£62m for Cucu is a little nuts...well played to Brighton. That's £100m+ for their two LBs. Good to have depth but if Chilwell plays most of the season...and don't think he's much of an upgrade.

Insane money for us.

I think he'll do well at Chelsea though.

Massive motor on him so he's going full throttle from start until end.

So he was right but not first. Who cares?
There are far too many football journalists who either in print or digital media need to be first... but are often wrong.
Fab gets a hell of a lot right so no wonder he has traction among fans.

I'm happy to over pay for Cucu if it means Colwill is just a loan.

But in saying that I think Cucu is going to be a very good pick up for us.

Bit strange how it went down with interest picking up seemingly only after City went after him.

He obviously has been bought as a long term #1 at that price (you don't just buy competition for that much). Wonder what's up with Chilwell. Fullbacks is a position that generally does not get a lot of rotation.

Bit strange how it went down with interest picking up seemingly only after City went after him.

He obviously has been bought as a long term #1 at that price (you don't just buy competition for that much). Wonder what's up with Chilwell. Fullbacks is a position that generally does not get a lot of rotation.
I think there's a sneaky chance we consider Cucurella at LCB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had this chat the other day.

What?
We want Cucurella.
Brighton say "ok but only if we get Colwill"
Yeah, I understand what Brighton want.

If you value Cucarella at £62m plus a player on loan its all good for you.

But paying extra for to keep a player you already own seems a bit like you've been done over.

Fwiw, for a fan, you get a player you want and you keep a player you want to see eventually break through at the club.

Whether he costs £52m or £62m doesn't really matter that much.

So I can understand why the supporters are pleased with the deal.

Just see it as a bit weird from a business perspective.

But paying extra for to keep a player you already own seems a bit like you've been done over.
But the alternative to it is that they flat out refuse unless we sell him to them?

Maybe if you thought of it instead as they would have been able to pay less for Cucurella if they were prepared to give up Colwill it'd make more sense. I don't think it's them paying extra to keep a player, it's just paying more as cash rather than offsetting part of the fee with a player.

But the alternative to it is that they flat out refuse unless we sell him to them?
I guess it depends how desperate you are to get a deal done and not look at alternatives.

Maybe if you thought of it instead as they would have been able to pay less for Cucurella if they were prepared to give up Colwill it'd make more sense. I don't think it's them paying extra to keep a player, it's just paying more as cash rather than offsetting part of the fee with a player.
If they think Cucarella is worth £62m it's all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back