Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is really strange that he had taken Marina's role if he didn't want to do it long term. He got rid of a heap of experience and decided to do it himself. Like a wealthy Woodward.
Did he have a choice?

The plan was for Marina and Pete to stay for the window, but they quit. He didn't get rid of anyone.

So the option was he jump in and get it done trying to sign Tuchels targets or do nothing. I'd rather over pay and get some quality than do nothing myself.

It's not ideal but it hasn't been terrible either.

[Gerard Romero via Thomas Alencar] Frenkie De Jong is now likely to join Chelsea.

^^

11 May 2022 — Gerard Romero says it's 95% confirmed that Barça will receive around €80M for Frenkie de Jong, who will join Manchester United.

^^

Last edited:
Isn't off to United if he leaves?

Thought everything was agreed.

Certainly some crow would need to be consumed by the posters who had confidently and with a full chest stated FDJ was just a matter of time away from signing with Manchester United. It's as if they momentarily forgot that their club is run as well a tinpot dictatorship.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did he have a choice?

The plan was for Marina and Pete to stay for the window, but they quit. He didn't get rid of anyone.

So the option was he jump in and get it done trying to sign Tuchels targets or do nothing. I'd rather over pay and get some quality than do nothing myself.

It's not ideal but it hasn't been terrible either.
She was happy to stay on and help for this window. Roman was smart enough to appoint Peter Kenyon straight away.

Ah not bloody Fernando Polo now saying it.

[Fernando Polo] De Jong would only go to a big club with options to win titles and play the Champions League next season, which Chelsea have. On the other hand, precisely for this reason he ruled out Manchester United, despite the fact that he has EtH on the bench, his great supporter at Ajax

She was happy to stay on and help for this window. Roman was smart enough to appoint Peter Kenyon straight away.
I guess we're never going to see it the same way mate and that's cool.

Considering hes been chucked into a role he wasn't expecting to do I'm pretty stoked with what he, Eghbali and Tuchel have brought into the squad. It started slow and they missed a couple but it looks like it's going to be a massive window for us and it's what we needed. Not sure you'll find many Chelsea fans complaining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back