Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite an important part left until last. Not sure if I like this loan or not but no doubt Everton need impetus far more than us. So every miss should hurt them more.

It's strange for me. Cannot imagine he'll get much action at Tottenham but I guess the allure of a 'Big 6' club is a strong pull, bench time or not.

Says a lot about the character of a person though to agree to something then back out last second. Personally seen some highlights and not that miffed about him but also means Everton have nothing coming in now.

It's strange for me. Cannot imagine he'll get much action at Tottenham but I guess the allure of a 'Big 6' club is a strong pull, bench time or not.

Says a lot about the character of a person though to agree to something then back out last second. Personally seen some highlights and not that miffed about him but also means Everton have nothing coming in now.
There’s a turd with an afro I’ve disliked for close to a decade for the same reason. Getting Willian’d isn’t fun.

Dead corpse > Son at LW atm and Moura possibly goes home this month so who knows.

There’s a turd with an afro I’ve disliked for close to a decade for the same reason. Getting Willian’d isn’t fun.

Dead corpse > Son at LW atm and Moura possibly goes home this month so who knows.
What is going on with Richarlison though? You've literally signed our best player last window and now signed our loanee replacement, for said best player! :laughing:

Never bad to add depth to our squad but bigger needs than a backup forward. Hopefully doesn't stall Bryan Gil and his minutes too much. Possible angle with this move is it helps us negotiate the permanent transfer of Lo Celso

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, that ship has sailed. We are done in that area of the pitch.
I wouldn't put anything past Todd Lasso. Besides, you are in the market for a full back and I've seen Sterling play there this season. Could be a Potter masterplan.

I wouldn't put anything past Todd Lasso. Besides, you are in the market for a full back and I've seen Sterling play there this season. Could be a Potter masterplan.
Jeepers. I guess you never know buddy.

Its to early in the morning for me to deal with posts like this haha

Can't think of any valid reason to change the amortisation rules. Just seems typical UEFA reactionary bollocks, no doubt as a result of pressure from clubs that don't want to give out long term contracts (but don't want anyone else to have the benefit either).

Really? Clubs signing players on unrealistically long contracts not a valid reason? That's clearly an FFP cheat/workaround.

And every club will still be free to hand out a 10 year contract if they wish to do so. I suspect when there's no FFP benefit of doing so few will though. The only time I can think of it being used in a legitimate fashion is if a young player developed at the club turns out to be a superstar and is given a long contract. Eg Messi got a 9 year deal at the end of his break out season with Barca. The motivation there is not to cheat FFP rules but rather tie down a potential GOAT (ended up being an actual GOAT) long term.

It must also be mentioned that FIFA, who govern all transfers, stipulate contract lengths should be no longer than 5 years. Not must be, but should be.

Really? Clubs signing players on unrealistically long contracts not a valid reason? That's clearly an FFP cheat/workaround.

And every club will still be free to hand out a 10 year contract if they wish to do so. I suspect when there's no FFP benefit of doing so few will though. The only time I can think of it being used in a legitimate fashion is if a young player developed at the club turns out to be a superstar and is given a long contract. Eg Messi got a 9 year deal at the end of his break out season with Barca. The motivation there is not to cheat FFP rules but rather tie down a potential GOAT (ended up being an actual GOAT) long term.

It must also be mentioned that FIFA, who govern all transfers, stipulate contract lengths should be no longer than 5 years. Not must be, but should be.

What's unrealistic about it?

And whats cheating about it?
That you’re doing it

Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back