Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think if the release clause is paid up front and in full the selling club can't do anything about it. If you want tompay in installments the selling club isn't obliged to agree.
What moomba said. If the clause is met in a lump sum - the club cannot reject it.

If a club offers installments, the selling club does not have to accept the bid.

What moomba said. If the clause is met in a lump sum - the club cannot reject it.

If a club offers installments, the selling club does not have to accept the bid.

The problem is the buyout has to be payed by the player(not the club) and then theres a pretty hefty tax bill too. Enzo would have cost us €120m + €40m tax if we got him to pay his buy out.

Well off topic anyway.
Started as a 4 year contract conspiracy

The problem is the buyout has to be payed by the player(not the club) and then theres a pretty hefty tax bill too. Enzo would have cost us €120m + €40m tax if we got him to pay his buy out.
There's two different things, buyout and release.

One is a clause in the contract saying that if a club bids a certain amount the club has to accept it. That's accounted for the same as a normal transfer. Think Porro is this.

The release is an amount a player pays to terminate his contract and become a free agent. Sounds like Enzo is this

If Chelsea paid that amount it would be considered wages as the payment would be to the player to buy himself put of the contract, not the club. That would be accounted for straight away.

I wonder in that case could Chelsea loan Enzo the money to buyout his contract. He could then repay the loan out of his wages.

But that should have nothing to do with how the contract is then treated for FFP purposes, would be interested in understanding why those are different.

There's two different things, buyout and release.

One is a clause in the contract saying that if a club bids a certain amount the club has to accept it. That's accounted for the same as a normal transfer. Think Porro is this.

The release is an amount a player pays to terminate his contract and become a free agent. Sounds like Enzo is this

If Chelsea paid that amount it would be considered wages as the payment would be to the player to buy himself put of the contract, not the club. That would be accounted for straight away.

I wonder in that case could Chelsea loan Enzo the money to buyout his contract. He could then repay the loan out of his wages.
Yeah i dont think we're prepared to go as high as €120m no matter what. I think we'll just try again in the summer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was previously reported (and I think posted by you) to be a 4 year deal which would have been 3.5 years. Which flies in the face of what other clubs and we've done in the past

Trossard was 3.5 years but that makes sense with him being an older player bought on the cheap.

5 and a half years is the standard for players signed mid season. Having said that there are some on this forum who will accuse you of exploiting amortisation by offering longer than a 5 year contract!

Is it only Spain where release clauses are unilateral? I believe money paid to a player to pay their release clause is no longer deemed as income either in Spain.

Not sure what the laws are in Portugal on relesse clauses. Levy is best advised to just stump up the lump sum and be done with it or convince Sporting to include players like Moura / Lloris etc as part of the fee. Otherwise Porro is going nowhere.

It was previously reported (and I think posted by you) to be a 4 year deal which would have been 3.5 years. Which flies in the face of what other clubs and we've done in the past
What it is doesn’t matter too much.

Very long bow was drawn to make it about ENIC or this outdated narrative around our scouting given Paratici has changed our scouts in the last 12 months and our transfer record since his arrival is solid.

celeb irony GIF

Its a tough one for Liverpool, maybe they are just spending all their money on wages as they have the 5th biggest wage bill in the world and 2nd biggest in the league. Not much left for transfers, plus the two big money moves they made this season look like major flops.

Our wages are 62% of turnover. Last seasons accounts pretty much all bonuses were hit as we are the only club to play every match possible in a season winning two trophies. So naturally wages are high and I believe our commercial revenue / income was the best ever last season.

This season will see a significant drop in wages. Darwin is on half of Manes wages for example.

37m isnt a big money move either (if you are referring to Gakpo). Thats peanuts! Gakpo also on low wages.

We should be spending more than Chelsea.

What it is doesn’t matter too much.

Very long bow was drawn to make it about ENIC or this outdated narrative around our scouting given Paratici has changed our scouts in the last 12 months and our transfer record since his arrival is solid.
Was just a comment on what someone or possibly yourself threw out there of a 3.5 year deal which seemed very odd for a 22 year old.

But we do also have a very serious problem and this includes with Paratici, being able to offload dud signings who are all now out on loan. Thought there might have been something in that.

As for his record. If solid = 5.5 out of 10 I'd say it has been solid. Don't think he or the current scouts get any credit for Romero as that was in the works, Perisic 10-year olds playing FIFA knew of, but he gets 2 good ones with Bentancur and Kulu. And there has to be some serious considerations to the morality on those deals helping Juventus stiff Boca Juniors on Bentancur whilst overpaying for Kulu.

The rest are still very much work in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back