Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Contracted player, club has stated not for sale, a few s**t stain clubs put in bids way under our evaluation and you have the player posting nonsense like that.

What opportunity is he talking about? No club has met our price for the player so which club does he think he's going to?

So are Brighton under any obligation to sell?

Footballers aren’t property. If Caicedo wants to explore other employment options that’s up to him. It’s now up to Brighton to decide if they want to sell him or not, I’m not seeing what the big issue is?

If you don't think players just walking out on contracts they agreed to is an issue for the sport then no wonder it's such a shitty corrupt landscape.

If you don't think players just walking out on contracts they agreed to is an issue for the sport then no wonder it's such a shitty corrupt landscape.
You got a contract at work?

You get a better offer from another employer paying much more at perhaps a better place, you just gonna carry on like nothing has happened?

You got a contract at work?

You get a better offer from another employer paying much more at perhaps a better place, you just gonna carry on like nothing has happened?

I'd never be so silly as to lock myself in with a contract that doesn't have clauses for moving on.

You know like how players have triggers that allow them to be sold if a certain amount is paid?

Has he walked out or has he asked to leave? Why is he different to anyone else in the workforce? If he feels another employer is providing a better offer why would he not explore that? I get why, but football fans lose all rationality over player contracts. He’s a real life 21yo kid doing what is best for him, the club or fans don’t own him.

And at the end of the day it’s up to Brighton to determine if they are better off keeping him or letting him go.

I'd never be so silly as to lock myself in with a contract that doesn't have clauses for moving on.

You know like how players have triggers that allow them to be sold if a certain amount is paid?
Caicedo has no release clause.

Brighton have no obligation to sell do they?

But its still not fact, just something you read on a forum and want to believe.

Why would I question people who have been right for 20+ years?

They have a great track record. Unlike your club ours has fans who are friends with our owner and people on the board who have been around for a long time.

In an ideal world things would be done behind closed doors, buying clubs wouldnt have to use the press to save a few million and selling clubs wouldn't have to use the press to make a few million more.

Brighton can say Caicedo is not for sale as much as they like. They're lying.

They will sell if the price is right, they just haven't received a good enough bid for them to do that.

I do like Caicedo going public though. Much rather that than let stories be printed without comment, and refuse to say you want a transfer when it's clear you want one. He might lose a loyalty bonus out of it, but it shows he's doing it for the right reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would I question people who have been right for 20+ years?

They have a great track record. Unlike your club ours has fans who are friends with our owner and people on the board who have been around for a long time.
Fair enough, im sure you'll put in an official complaint if it really did happen.

If not i guess it didn't.

Caicedo has no release clause.

Brighton have no obligation to sell do they?

We don't.

Yet once again we have more of these campaignerish big 6 clubs looking to bully another club into selling through manipulating their player behind the scenes so they become so unsettled they end up unhappy with where they are.

Fair enough, im sure you'll put in an official complaint if it really did happen.

If not i guess it didn't.

You tried to destroy the PL with the ESL and got a piddly little fine for doing it.

Why would the smaller clubs bother when they know the PL is so weak in dealing with dodgy *ers it becomes a pointless pursuit.

In an ideal world things would be done behind closed doors, buying clubs wouldnt have to use the press to save a few million and selling clubs wouldn't have to use the press to make a few million more.

Brighton can say Caicedo is not for sale as much as they like. They're lying.

They will sell if the price is right, they just haven't received a good enough bid for them to do that.

I do like Caicedo going public though. Much rather that than let stories be printed without comment, and refuse to say you want a transfer when it's clear you want one. He might lose a loyalty bonus out of it, but it shows he's doing it for the right reason.

We didn't say he's never for sale. We stated we'd wait until the end of the season to speak to other clubs the right way if clubs were interested.

It's not Caicedo going public, it's his agents putting that s**t out. He didn't sound like someone who wanted to leave in the last few weeks in interviews.

We don't.

Yet once again we have more of these campaignerish big 6 clubs looking to bully another club into selling through manipulating their player behind the scenes so they become so unsettled they end up unhappy with where they are.
OK, so you're under no obligation to sell. That's what I thought.

But you've spent 7 pages on a forum melting about it.

We didn't say he's never for sale. We stated we'd wait until the end of the season to speak to other clubs the right way if clubs were interested.

It's not Caicedo going public, it's his agents putting that s**t out. He didn't sound like someone who wanted to leave in the last few weeks in interviews.
If someone offered enough today, you'd sell him today. The mock outrage is a negotiating ploy.

If Caicedo is as good as everyone is saying he is, he'll be unsettled for 3 more days and then get on with it and play well for Brighton. Assuming Brighton have the balls to hold out

The games littered with "unsettled" players missing out on moves after angling for them and going on to play well for the non selling club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back