Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a few others in front of him and he doesnt see a pathway to the seniors with us.

I think hes made apoor decision TBH going to a club with Kane and a manager who doesnt really develop youth. He should have went to weaker epl club
Kane has 18 months on his contract. And Conte 5 months.

Bigger issue could be Scarlett and Donley who are massively rated pushing him for the #2 spot

It's a transfer release clause isn't it?

Unless Porro is buying out his own contract and moving to Chelsea on a free transfer, his cost will be amortised over the term of his contract.

Sorry, release clause, I thought either way it had to be counted all up front?

He was probably 4th in line as a CF in our development squad, so im not sure why he'd choose Spurs then.
I think purely off age unless Donley is a freak he'd be ahead of him being 2 years older. Would be pushing Scarlett for the main spot as the youth promising striker. Assuming troy parrot gets binned for a small fee to a championship club the move works out well for JSB, since its very likely we have a new manager who gives youth a chance as he is on the cusp as backup ST straight away. With Europa League to play there'll be senior mins available next season

I think we'll get him. We clearly have the money and it will get to the point where they will take what we throw at them.
Arrogance. Tsk Tsk.

The Arsenal come knocking and lil ‘ol Albion quake at the knees and cave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we'll get him. We clearly have the money and it will get to the point where they will take what we throw at them.
I hope you're right. But the window closes in a VERY short space of time, and an outcome where we haven't brought in cover for Partey is the worst possible outcome at the moment. Lokonga may be up to it in the future (he would not have been brought in if Mikel thought otherwise), but he isn't up to it now.

My point is, if the UK wakes up and Brighton still don't want to sell, as is their right, move on ASAP. Go after Zubimendi (sp?) or Onana. Don't let perfect be the enemy of good.

Last edited:
Brighton will get more than £65m for him in the summer, Arsenal need to pony up a lot more than that if they want Brighton to fold.
If Arsenal are willing to go a lot higher than £65-70m, honestly, I'm hoping they make a last minute call to Enzo Fernandez's agent (yes, I KNOW this is wishful thinking on my part!)

I think purely off age unless Donley is a freak he'd be ahead of him being 2 years older. Would be pushing Scarlett for the main spot as the youth promising striker. Assuming troy parrot gets binned for a small fee to a championship club the move works out well for JSB, since its very likely we have a new manager who gives youth a chance as he is on the cusp as backup ST straight away. With Europa League to play there'll be senior mins available next season
I think he either be just a development side buy or you'll send him to the championship for a season or two.

Cant see him being top 6 quality for a little while

If Arsenal are willing to go a lot higher than £65-70m, honestly, I'm hoping they make a last minute call to Enzo Fernandez's agent (yes, I KNOW this is wishful thinking on my part!)
As with Mudryk you guys dont seem to be able to go all in and get these big moves done.

You have to over pay in january, if you dont want too you'll just have to wait until summer.

As with Mudryk you guys dont seem to be able to go all in and get these big moves done.

You have to over pay in january, if you dont want too you'll just have to wait until summer.

Yep. 80m + needed now to get the deal done.

Arsenal need a mid to sew up their title. Just pay what Brighton want and get it done.

I think they did well with Trossard v Mudryk. Allows them to go after a quality CF in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back