Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What do you think you'll want for Bellingham wadistance ?
I don’t trust Watzke to demand a good fee for him tbh.

But if Dembele went for what he did… Bellingham being a much more complete player, World Cup big performer, homegrown and huge marketing value should be worth 150m pounds at minimum.

I think the club are trying to throw 12-14m/season at him to make him the highest earner, with a promise he can go to his club of choice the following year if they cough up. As he dominates more and more he’ll only become worth more. I get he’ll probably go at the end of the year, but he’s developing so well, if I was advising him I’d say stay for one more season with your big pay increase and lower pressure and dominate.

Cancelo to Bayern just seems to have come out of nowhere. Not often City lose players of that calibre in their peak. Just from the outside looking in, something doesn’t feel quite right about City this season.

Perhaps this transaction is reflective of that and Pep is trying restore things internally.
We've had a few in recent years.

Sane, Torres, Jesus, Sterling, Zinchenko, now Cancelo. Bernardo has wanted out for a few years now. Before then we didnt really lose anyone we didn't want to lose.

Part down to Pep being pretty clear that if a player wants to go and can find a good deal we won't hold them back.

Part down to Peps style/intensity maybe not being the easiest to cope with for more than a couple of years.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seinfeld Shame GIF

Only thing I wouldn't be sure of, everyone was quoting mad fees for Haaland, he ended up getting sold for £51m or something like that.

Could be that's the price Dortmund pay for getting young, promising kids from England. Get them in, give them a low release, move onto the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back