Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys ever miss the simple enjoyment of seeing young, academy kids get time and then flourish? Or does the transfer market dopamine overrule all?

Do you guys ever miss the simple enjoyment of seeing young, academy kids get time and then flourish? Or does the transfer market dopamine overrule all?
I love a good young kid coming through but the hype is never the same as some young kid you buy. When you purchase a player, it comes with I guess more expectations so fans expect more and are more excited about it. Whereas a kid trying to break through is more like a bonus.

As a United fan I see it all the time and it is the best. So much better when they are local lads too. What Garnacho is doing at his age is awesome but when Rashy was starting out and scoring and then running to the crowd and celebrating with the fans, it is a really wholesome feeling knowing a local lad is achieving their dream.

As a United fan I see it all the time and it is the best. So much better when they are local lads too. What Garnacho is doing at his age is awesome but when Rashy was starting out and scoring and then running to the crowd and celebrating with the fans, it is a really wholesome feeling knowing a local lad is achieving their dream.
Can definitely second this. Watching the rise of TAA has been an absolute joy.

The scouser in our team.

To lesser extents, it's nice to see Jones and Elliott play quite a bit too. Both big Reds.

I love a good young kid coming through but the hype is never the same as some young kid you buy. When you purchase a player, it comes with I guess more expectations so fans expect more and are more excited about it. Whereas a kid trying to break through is more like a bonus.
Still waiting for the hype you put on Curtis Jones to actually materialise as a better than Championship player.

I guess weve been lucky to have a few good ones come through lately. You certainly feel more attached to the kids who you've been following since their early teens.

Missed this. Garnacho. Local Lad. Academy prospect. Pull the other one. He was 16 when you signed him from Atleti for 420k.

Missed this. Garnacho. Local Lad. Academy prospect. Pull the other one. He was 16 when you signed him from Atleti for 420k.

“Haha, Manchester United signed Garnacho when he was 16 and put him in their academy system. Burn!

Signed, Bradesmaen

My point is he's not an academy prospect in reality.

Fair point. We have been very luck with Garnacho.

I read an article when we signed him that Dortmund and Real Madrid wanted to sign him as well. Dortmund just know how to identify young talent. It’s quite remarkable actually.

Fair point. We have been very luck with Garnacho.

I read an article when we signed him that Dortmund and Real Madrid wanted to sign him as well. Dortmund just know how to identify young talent. It’s quite remarkable actually.
He hasn't played that much yet... Plenty of examples of United starlets turning to nothing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess weve been lucky to have a few good ones come through lately. You certainly feel more attached to the kids who you've been following since their early teens.

All the big clubs are investing in their academies. With the price of players now if you find one or two quality prospects out of a 30 in each age group it will be worth it. Chelsea have more than most come through with Mount, James, RLC, Gallagher, Hall. It's good for fan engagement to have players come through the ranks. In some cases it's probably good in the dressing room too.

Isn’t this what Dortmund do?

I'd love to but 2 of our last 3 managers have been real academy blockers.

Would love to see guys like Harvey White and Alfie Devine get more of a look in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back