Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Harry Kane but hopefully we aren’t the club to do that. £100 million/wages is a lot of money to pay for a 29 year old that might only play another 3-4 years at his current input.
Why do you think only another 3-4 years? He's been relatively injury free and doesn't rely on his athleticism all that much.

Why do you think only another 3-4 years? He's been relatively injury free and doesn't rely on his athleticism all that much.

He is still turning 30 years old in July. He could be like Ibrahimovic and keep playing well until he’s 37 and older or he could be like lots of other strikers that have slow down by 33-34. But is it much of a problem? Tbf, if he continues to score 30-40 goals a season for the next 3-4 years, probably not.

Not a great record although relatively blemish free in the last few years:

1679355610691.png

Of concern is constant ankle injuries being a forward. If a club puts up 100m for him in summer at 30 years old with 1 year left on his contract I reckon Levy will absolutely bite their hands off for it. Either Kane extends his contract or is sold this summer. It would be disastrous if he leaves on a free in 2024 for Levy. Especially if Kane does a Sol Campbell and joins Arsenal if they are still winning / challenging for league titles.

Not a great record although relatively blemish free in the last few years:

View attachment 1635392

Of concern is constant ankle injuries being a forward. If a club puts up 100m for him in summer at 30 years old with 1 year left on his contract I reckon Levy will absolutely bite their hands off for it. Either Kane extends his contract or is sold this summer. It would be disastrous if he leaves on a free in 2024 for Levy. Especially if Kane does a Sol Campbell and joins Arsenal if they are still winning / challenging for league titles.
Think that's a really good injury list for a player that's been relied upon as much as him.

7 of those listed injuries are less than 10 days, 10 of them were for 3 games or less.

Think that's a really good injury list for a player that's been relied upon as much as him.

7 of those listed injuries are less than 10 days, 10 of them were for 3 games or less.

Ankle injury x 6 with 4 of them being 20 day absences or more isn't great at all and this is when he was young. Always a concern when a forward has constant ankle issues.

Auba Chelsea move seems more bizarre every day.

Imagine if Barca take him for nothing again after a contract termination.

Yes it just makes les and less sense everytime I remember he is at Chelsea. With all of those supposed issues happening behind the scenes with Tuchel which led to his sacking, the continued backing of him in the transfer market is baffling. No better example than Aubameyang. Boehly signs Auba based on Tuchel's request, when surely he's fully aware of the aforementioned issues/problems.

And then days after Auba signs he then sacks Tuchel. Ridiculous stuff.

Yes it just makes les and less sense everytime I remember he is at Chelsea. With all of those supposed issues happening behind the scenes with Tuchel which led to his sacking, the continued backing of him in the transfer market is baffling. No better example than Aubameyang. Boehly signs Auba based on Tuchel's request, when surely he's fully aware of the aforementioned issues/problems.

And then days after Auba signs he then sacks Tuchel. Ridiculous stuff.

To me it feels like the PEA signing was a last gasp effort to try and make it work with Tuchel, but it was already too far gone.

In the grand scheme of things though hes not even top 10 in the graveyard of failed Chelsea CFs. It's a curse.

Bojan KantKick , so in your opinion, £100 million/wages is a good cost for Harry Kane?
Absolutely. I want united to be able to compete for the league next season. We need a worldy no. 9 to do so. It's a no brainer.

Absolutely. I want united to be able to compete for the league next season. We need a worldy no. 9 to do so. It's a no brainer.

Fair enough. I want all the same things as you do, I just think we should buy a younger gun striker. But I wouldn’t cry if we bought Harry Kane either.

Won’t stop 300 articles and tweets this summer window though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be well worth it.

Yeah, he probably would be. I don’t know why I would even have an issue with it considering we spent £82 million for Antony and £73 million for Sancho. £100 million for Kane would be a bargain in comparison.

Yeah, he probably would be. I don’t know why I would even have an issue with it considering we spent £82 million for Antony and £73 million for Sancho. £100 million for Kane would be a bargain in comparison.
I understand why some would want to look for a younger striker for the long term but there are significant risks with this approach and youngsters who we have linked in wouldn't be cheap. Osimhen will be circa £150m, Ramos circa £75m and Sesko circa £60m. Only Osimhen is proven out of that lot.

If Kane is available for £100m then pay the money and bring in the best striker in the league who will guarantee you 25 goals a season. If he only lasts 3-4 years well that gives the club another 3-4 years to find someone to take over from Kane. If money was no object I'd go for both Kane and Osimhen and play Kane as a 10 haha.

The squad has very little depth which rules out Osimhen as well. We need at least one quality CM, another centre half, another goal keeper and probably another right back. Rumours are already starting about us buying Timber in the summer. That would cost around £40m imo.

Osimhen ain't going anywhere... Look how long it took to get Koulibaly from Napoli. 4 years of being rumoured and Napoli let him got for a decent amount for an average player who's old. He's also contracted for 2 more years at least. If they win the UCL he might want to stay longer, better doing that then toiling in the Europa League with United or Milk Cup with Chelsea.

Osimhen ain't going anywhere... Look how long it took to get Koulibaly from Napoli. 4 years of being rumoured and Napoli let him got for a decent amount for an average player who's old. He's also contracted for 2 more years at least. If they win the UCL he might want to stay longer, better doing that then toiling in the Europa League with United or Milk Cup with Chelsea.
Interested to see what happens with Osimhen, Kvaratskhelia and Kim. A lot of clubs should be in for them.

Osimhen ain't going anywhere... Look how long it took to get Koulibaly from Napoli. 4 years of being rumoured and Napoli let him got for a decent amount for an average player who's old. He's also contracted for 2 more years at least. If they win the UCL he might want to stay longer, better doing that than toiling in the Europa League with United or Milk Cup with Chelsea.
Maybe Napoli don’t win the CL and maybe Manchester United win the EL. Both will be in next seasons CL, no matter where United finish in the league.

Am I doing this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back