Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

the pandemic was responsible for that. not an issue going forward. saudi league on the other hand is absolutely unsustainable.
The pandemic was a by product of it.

The pandemic wasn't responsible for Barca spending way above their means for an extended period of time.

the pandemic was responsible for that. not an issue going forward. saudi league on the other hand is absolutely unsustainable.
Not sure you understand how much money those middle eastern countries have. The money they are giving these players is like you or I dropping 5c out of our wallet. We probs wont bother to stop and pick it up.

It's absolutely sustainable for them.

Not sure you understand how much money those middle eastern countries have. The money they are giving these players is like you or I dropping 5c out of our wallet. We probs wont bother to stop and pick it up.

It's absolutely sustainable for them.

Just like China that had money to burn. The competition itself is unsustainable. Relies on investment from the Saudi royal family / public investment fund. If they get bored or discover other priorities it's over or severely undermined as is the case in China.

Just like China that had money to burn. The competition itself is unsustainable. Relies on investment from the Saudi royal family / public investment fund. If they get bored or discover other priorities it's over or severely undermined as is the case in China.
Nope, nothing like China.

Saudi Arabia just has way more money, like stupid amounts. Also unlike China, football is actually a big time sport in the middle east which has never been the case in China.

Saudi Arabia just has way more money, like stupid amounts. Also unlike China, football is actually a big time sport in the middle east which has never been the case in China.

Just not the case at all. Saudi Arabias economy is around the same size as ours but has 10 million more people. What it does have is a royal family in absolute control of the nation's wealth. I don't know if you have visited the ME before but sport isn't a big thing in the rich nations at all. In the poorer nations it is like Iran / Iraq. Crowds are sparse in Saudi even with big names. China's crowds absolutely smash the Saudi League.

China is the richest nation in the world in total financial power. Obviously GDP per capita wise not as much with 1.4 billion people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently we're in for Callum Doyle.

Looks like we'll have a pretty close working relationship while Maresca is there.
I think he must only be 19, but has a good two years senior football under his belt already.

I really like him, very good on the ball despite his size. In the right team, I reckon he'll do well.

they still need to be able to get people from overseas interested in their league for it to really continue. just like china, unless you can get people overseas hooked it just wont work.

they still need to be able to get people from overseas interested in their league for it to really continue. just like china, unless you can get people overseas hooked it just wont work.

I have no interest in the Saudi league. No one from overseas does.

But I suspect the end game of the state and huge corporate owners is to have a closed world club game. It won't take many open pockets at FIFA for this to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back