Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sounds like we may have put in a £35m plus add ons bid for Sterling and £25m bid for Ake. Busy day for Boehly.
Would have been busier if he came up with an offer that wouldn't take half a second to reject.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

35m? Why on earth would City sell him for that little (especially to a potential rival)? He's homegrown, well proven in the PL, he's only 27.

I would've thought it would be far closer to the 55-60m mark. Maybe 50m if City are feeling charitable.
Final year of contract though. I think the fee will be closer to 50m.

35m? Why on earth would City sell him for that little (especially to a potential rival)? He's homegrown, well proven in the PL, he's only 27.

I would've thought it would be far closer to the 55-60m mark. Maybe 50m if City are feeling charitable.
The talk coming out is that we think we can get him for a similar price to Jesus. So we're starting below that.

It's just the start of talks and who knows what the add ons are. I think it'll end up around 45-50m which is pretty fair considering he's only got a year left.

City don't really bleed clubs, I guess they don't need to.

Just shows how far ahead City are of the rest when “big six” rivals want to sign their cast offs and that City are happy to oblige.
Screenshot_7.jpg

If Sterling wants to push the issue he can buy himself out of the last year of the contract by invoking FIFA Article 17 (Webster ruling) which says a player may pay out the remainder of their contract if his or her's current contract is older than 3 years to terminate it. At 300k / week that would be a payout fee of 16 million pounds.

There was some talk of Lewandoski doing this as it seems like he definitely does not want to be at Bayern next season but it is a drastic action and probably only one taken if there's a complete breakdown in relationship between player and club.

If Sterling wants to push the issue he can buy himself out of the last year of the contract by invoking FIFA Article 17 (Webster ruling) which says a player may pay out the remainder of their contract if his or her's current contract is older than 3 years to terminate it. At 300k / week that would be a payout fee of 16 million pounds.

There was some talk of Lewandoski doing this as it seems like he definitely does not want to be at Bayern next season but it is a drastic action and probably only one taken if there's a complete breakdown in relationship between player and club.
Lewandowski might but I've seen no indication Sterling is even entertaining the idea.

He hasn't actually handed in a transfer request has he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back