Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing heavily in A Leagues favor is the league schedule. MLS isnt starting until March. Ronnie could easily play half a season here then return to Portugal to finish his career. Cant do that at an MLS club (season March- Nov).
13968917952_171b7cf07f_b.jpg

Surely Ronaldo could go to the MLS instead of the A-League.
Especially when:
A) There's more money on offer in the MLS
B) It's a reasonable standard these days
C) The A-League is a basket case

Surely Ronaldo could go to the MLS instead of the A-League.
he could go anywhere. mls, the middle east, a european retirement tour.

but nah, he'll go play for perth or something as a fornaroli replacement.

Especially when:
A) There's more money on offer in the MLS
B) It's a reasonable standard these days
C) The A-League is a basket case

Tell me you don't watch the A-League without telling me you don't watch the A-league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ronaldo would pay for his own wages in the A League with packed stadiums & typeclub merchandise purchases alone.

Do you think gate receipts at A-League clubs are pulling in £500k every week? I think you need to give up on hoping this happens. It won’t, unless you’re expecting a club/the league to bankrupt themselves lol.

Do you think gate receipts at A-League clubs are pulling in £500k every week? I think you need to give up on hoping this happens. It won’t, unless you’re expecting a club/the league to bankrupt themselves lol.

It would have to be the sort of deal where a sponsor/Paramount would fork out a decent % of the wage, which could well happen - I think the City Group have a minority stake in the league too, or one of the investors in Melbourne City? Not sure. I think it's a very outlandish proposition regardless.

It would have to be the sort of deal where a sponsor/Paramount would fork out a decent % of the wage, which could well happen - I think the City Group have a minority stake in the league too, or one of the investors in Melbourne City? Not sure. I think it's a very outlandish proposition regardless.

Yeah, Melbourne City are in City Group’s network of clubs.

Don't expect it is all that likely to happen but there must be a reasonable chance with the A League putting a bid together.

Ronaldo's gotta agree a termination first with United anyway first. And I doubt whatever club he joins next (apart from Middle Eastern clubs) would he be expecting 500k / week on his next deal.

Ronaldo certainly could get 200k / week here with the A League funding half. Whether that would be enough is another matter.

I meant in the league itself.

EDIT: It's Silver Lake, who are a part investor in the City Group, so indirectly.

Don't expect it is all that likely to happen but there must be a reasonable chance with the A League putting a bid together.

Ronaldo's gotta agree a termination first with United anyway first. And I doubt whatever club he joins next (apart from Middle Eastern clubs) would he be expecting 500k / week on his next deal.

Ronaldo certainly could get 200k / week here with the A League funding half. Whether that would be enough is another matter.

I have just shown myself up as someone that doesn’t follow the A-League closely.

I would love to see Ronaldo coming to Australia for a stint. It will definitely see a new audience for the league, as well as the established audience.

I have just shown myself up as someone that doesn’t follow the A-League closely.

I would love to see Ronaldo coming to Australia for a stint. It will definitely see a new audience for the league, as well as the established audience.

Come on down and join MVFC this season mate. You'll love the Northern Terrace atmosphere :D :D :D

I know it seems so but is Ronaldo definitely 100% finished at United? Surely it makes sense for his agent and the club to agree a termination ASAP so both parties can move forward if there's absolutely no hope Ronaldo plays for Utd again.

Come on down and join MVFC this season mate. You'll love the Northern Terrace atmosphere :D :D :D
I should do that mate. I was a Victory supporter for the first 10 years of the competition (Fred and Allesandro were top quality in the early days) but then I just stopped following the league and I couldn’t tell you why. I should start supporting the competition again. Everything I have read was the standard of football has improved, not that it wasn't already decent football on show.

That 6-0 GF victory over Adelaide. So bloody good watching that.

I know it seems so but is Ronaldo definitely 100% finished at United? Surely it makes sense for his agent and the club to agree a termination ASAP so both parties can move forward if there's absolutely no hope Ronaldo plays for Utd again.
Yeah mate, there is no coming back. Not that Ronaldo wants to every play for the club again. But the club don’t want him either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back