Transfer discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia World Cup squad’s A-League players = European Leagues.

That’s what I would like to see over the coming months. This squad can go places.

Doubt it, since a lot are nearing the end of their careers. The ones who shone as youngsters in this tournament are already in Europe.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Doubt it, since a lot are nearing the end of their careers. The ones who shone as youngsters in this tournament are already in Europe.

You’re right. It’s only really Marco Tilio who is young at 21. Jason Cummings is 27, not really old but also not really young either.

You’re right. It’s only really Marco Tilio who is young at 21. Jason Cummings is 27, not really old but also not really young either.

Yeah Tillio will probably get a move to Scotland or England soon if he keeps progressing, and hopefully Gauci and a few of the other young keepers can make a dent overseas too. There's a lot of talent coming through if it's nurtured correctly.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Yeah Tillio will probably get a move to Scotland or England soon if he keeps progressing, and hopefully Gauci and a few of the other young keepers can make a dent overseas too. There's a lot of talent coming through if it's nurtured correctly.

I couldn’t be happier to hear that. Going out of the World Cup is disappointing but bloody excited for the future.

On a personally note, I reckon I will start watching the A-League and supporting the local product as I did years ago.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Where's Baccus? Like the look of him.

Where's Baccus? Like the look of him.

In Scotland at the moment but think I saw there was Championship interest in him as he's having a good season. Reckon that could elevate into PL interest after that tournament. Looks a very good prospect. Surprised me as I didn't notice him all that much when he played for Western Sydney.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
In Scotland at the moment but think I saw there was Championship interest in him as he's having a good season. Reckon that could elevate into PL interest after that tournament. Looks a very good prospect. Surprised me as I didn't notice him all that much when he played for Western Sydney.
First I had heard of him was against Denmark and he impressed me. Very direct, was good.

First I had heard of him was against Denmark and he impressed me. Very direct, was good.

Yeah plays for St Mirren. Would think he's in line for a move. I know Huddersfield and Cardiff had been linked previously.

I couldn’t be happier to hear that. Going out of the World Cup is disappointing but bloody excited for the future.

On a personally note, I reckon I will start watching the A-League and supporting the local product as I did years ago.
Same. I had gone off the A-League in recent seasons (only watched the odd United game) but I'll jump back on board. I called it a basket case a couple of weeks ago, but it sounds like I'm clearly wrong in that regard.

Same. I had gone off the A-League in recent seasons (only watched the odd United game) but I'll jump back on board. I called it a basket case a couple of weeks ago, but it sounds like I'm clearly wrong in that regard.

It's definitely started ramping back up this season, hope this WC helps even further.

Probably time to give up on winning jod over. He clearly has no interest in the A-League, and no amount of persuasion will get him to a game. He's entitled to his opinion, and that's perfectly fine.

Probably time to give up on winning jod over. He clearly has no interest in the A-League, and no amount of persuasion will get him to a game. He's entitled to his opinion, and that's perfectly fine.

I have no issue with people who have no interest in a product or whatever, but it's the antagonistic way he approaches these things that has clearly stuck in Zidane's craw.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
I have no issue with people who have no interest in a product or whatever, but it's the antagonistic way he approaches these things that has clearly stuck in Zidane's craw.
and tagging jod for no reason isnt antagonistic?

I still have no interest in A-League but its mainly down to getting token Victory or WU games sporadically.

Definitely don’t share the same attitude to this as our Tassie footy public who flock to AFL games.

Being a summer sport is not ideal for me either.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Jake Gyllenhaal No GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back