Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You would think Messi has 2-3 more years in European. Unless of course he goes to MLS or elsewhere.

He has an option at PSG next season. Reckon he stays for 23/24. Copa America 24 his international swansong then heads to either MLS or Argentina. I dont see him taking an oil money deal.

Yeah, not enough for me to give a s**t about watching a fourth rate competition.

That money though (especially with little to no tax) is too good to turn down, anyone here who was offered the same deal would take it as well.

That money though (especially with little to no tax) is too good to turn down, anyone here who was offered the same deal would take it as well.

Ronnie doesnt need the money. Telling that even with that sort of cash on the table it took weeks for Ronaldo to finally sign the deal.

I predict he will crack the shits with the lifestyle and be gone by this time next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ronnie’s career done, sad end to see him go to the Saudi Arabian league, in hindsight he should’ve retired after last season, it’s quite evident he is done, but he’s tarnished himself a bit with the way he went about his United exit, and that crazy Piers interview.

I just can’t imagine him being overly happy playing in that league, see how it goes.

saalaam alaikum

Alaikim Saalaam to you and Ronnie mate :)

Loving the outrage on social media, Pele towards the end of his career was also accused of sportswashing/selling out when he finished his career in the US domestic league at the time.

The USA are guilty of more war crimes and crimes against humanity in the last 50 years than Saudi Arabia yet many of the outraged crew were happy to see Ronnie finish his career in the MLS.

Ronaldo, or any other footballer or pro athlete for that matter is not under any moral obligation not to seek fame and fortune for his family by not playing in a country deemed 'politically undesirable'

Hopefully we see more big names joining the Saudi league, keen to see the growth of the beautiful game in Arabic/Middle Eastern countries

Loving the outrage on social media, Pele towards the end of his career was also accused of sportswashing/selling out when he finished his career in the US domestic league at the time.

The USA are guilty of more war crimes and crimes against humanity in the last 50 years than Saudi Arabia yet many of the outraged crew were happy to see Ronnie finish his career in the MLS.

Ronaldo, or any other footballer or pro athlete for that matter is not under any moral obligation not to seek fame and fortune for his family by not playing in a country deemed 'politically undesirable'

Hopefully we see more big names joining the Saudi league, keen to see the growth of the beautiful game in Arabic/Middle Eastern countries

Not remotely comparable. None of the MLS sides are owned by the US govt or members of it.

Whereas most clubs in Saudi are linked to the Saudi royal family and/or Saudi state owned businesses.

Ronnie’s career done, sad end to see him go to the Saudi Arabian league, in hindsight he should’ve retired after last season, it’s quite evident he is done, but he’s tarnished himself a bit with the way he went about his United exit, and that crazy Piers interview.

I just can’t imagine him being overly happy playing in that league, see how it goes.

He wont last in Saudi. Telling that despite being offered the biggest contract of all time he still had to dwell over it for weeks before finally signing a deal.

Can we not go over this crap again. Thanks

Not remotely comparable. None of the MLS sides are owned by the US govt or members of it.

Whereas most clubs in Saudi are linked to the Saudi royal family and/or Saudi state owned businesses.

Can we not go over this crap again. Thanks

Fair enough Boss, no more comments about the Ronaldo transfer from myself.

Will try just stick to mainly posting any news about potential Leeds signings (not holding my breath though alas)

Happy New Year to you and all the other Mods on this board (will promise to try be a much less pain in the ass next year) :)

He wont last in Saudi. Telling that despite being offered the biggest contract of all time he still had to dwell over it for weeks before finally signing a deal.
But did he dwell on it or are you just guessing he did just because he officially signed close to January? He’s negotiated a $75M a year contract, that takes weeks to settle, not days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back