Upgrade

Site Maintenance will be happening later on Saturday. Expect an outage of around 30 minutes at some stage.

Otherwise, use the site as normal.

Contact support@bigfooty.com if there are any big problems.

Transfer Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Bojan KantKick

Man United Legacy Supporter
Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
You already acknowledged you were dumb to say that age doesn't matter, maybe just leave it at that.

It was a general discussion on a general thread about a player who plays for my club, how dare I comment on it.

Yes he's very good. Riley McGree went from the same club in that "s**t league" to comfortably holding a spot in a Championship club competing for promotion within two seasons, and Irankunda is much younger and much better.
Ok thank you

RPCB

Community Leader
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
You already acknowledged you were dumb to say that age doesn't matter, maybe just leave it at that.

It was a general discussion on a general thread about a player who plays for my club, how dare I comment on it.

I tried to leave it there. But you kept replying.

Maybe we both just like the last word. So I will just bow out here.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
I tried to leave it there. But you kept replying.

Maybe we both just like the last word. So I will just bow out here.
RPCB which one is you?

c6f64cae-01a2-4021-a9c1-e4cfc9353a75_text.gif

TubbsFarquhar

TheBrownDog
Jan 18, 2009
Rage City
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea

Yes he's very good. Riley McGree went from the same club in that "s**t league" to comfortably holding a spot in a Championship club competing for promotion within two seasons, and Irankunda is much younger and much better.
We just know how to develop talent :) .

At least it makes up for SA's inability to produce quality cricketers (Head being an exception to that rule).

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, WCW
We just know how to develop talent :) .

At least it makes up for SA's inability to produce quality cricketers (Head being an exception to that rule).

It's amazing just how many talents United churn out. There really should be a second team to give more game time to these kids.

Zidane98

TheBrownDog
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg

Salary dropped to 2k / month. Ouch. Surely a termination is best for both parties. Juve are lucky they got him on a freebie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
He’s not 4 years old lol. He can actually kick a ball 25 yards.

It was a great free kick but age has nothing to do with it. It comes down to ability and talent.
You don't think it's impressive a 17 year old - Australian - has joined one of the biggest clubs in the world?

And there are literally thousands of players with ability and talent, so why just him?

SC_Power

Club Legend
May 20, 2023
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You don't think it's impressive a 17 year old - Australian - has joined one of the biggest clubs in the world?

And there are literally thousands of players with ability and talent, so why just him?
Man City just forked out $2.5M for a 15yo - a transfer record - who can’t join for another 18 months.

So, Irankunda, meh. Too old.

George Costanza Flirt GIF

Misher

Senior List
Nov 7, 2023
AFL Club
Richmond
He's alright, just a lot of competition with Openda and Sesko there.
Quite the fall from grace. His first Leipzig stint suggested he was on a trajectory to becoming world class then we ruined him. Havertz and Werner were incredibly disappointing signings.

Can’t really blame the Farmersliga though. From a “big six” perspective, you look at guys like de Bruyne, Gundogan, Firmino, Sane, Haaland, Son and Aubameyang who all kicked on. City and Pool are excellent at identifying/developing talent. Arsenal and Spurs are not too far behind.

Then on the other end of the spectrum, you have guys like Sancho, Havertz, Werner, Mkhitaryan and Pulisic. No surprise Man United and Chelsea are the common denominators. Both clubs have a ratio of 1 hit to about 10 flops.

Remove this Banner Ad