Transfer Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Those clauses were:
  • Ballon D'Or
  • 25 goals (unsure whether that was for total goals over the contract span, or within a single season)
  • 25 International caps

2/3 were definitely not achieved.

The national team add on is an interesting one. Allegedly 25 games between 2015-19.

According to that he made 25 national team appearances between 2015-19. Not sure if the appearances count where he is in the squad on the bench but isn't subbed on though.

25 goals was over 4 seasons according to French media at the time. He did that with relative ease.

The Ballon D'Or nomination add on seems to be the only one that he absolutely didn't trigger.

According to that he made 25 national team appearances between 2015-19. Not sure if the appearances count where he is in the squad on the bench but isn't subbed on though.

That's an interesting question actually. I'd just checked wiki briefly when I looked at that but they're only counting the games in which he actually featured. I sure hope the clause was for actual appearances!

That's an interesting question actually. I'd just checked wiki briefly when I looked at that but they're only counting the games in which he actually featured. I sure hope the clause was for actual appearances!
I'm sure an appearance is when you start or are subbed on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His final fee would’ve climbed to around that vicinity anyway. That’s likely out of reach for Arsenal given the recent volume of spending, as much as I’d like to have him at the club.

What a wasted of talent that guy is.

And Spurs fans should know, we spunked a truckload on some fat prick now sitting the bench on loan in Turkey.
Me thinks Tanguy would have had a few baklava and Doner Kebab this year 🐖

If that's the case surely you guys trigger a contract extension and take 20-30m for each in the summer window.
We are in a tight spot with ffp so I would assume that we would be hoping to do what you have suggested but in January rather than the summer.

Transfer Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back