Transfer Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You'll struggle to make any profit on Sterling, Lukaku and Cucarella imo. Best bet is flogging your kids (unfortunate side effect of current rules).
They'll be happy to just get the unamortised value left and to remove the wages from the books like we did with a fair few last summer. They'll also sell some academy footballers.

Wow, why?
Surprised you are asking this question given he was at Arsenal for 16 months before being moved on.

"He signed eight players, of which two were sold for small profits, resulting in a £103 million loss for the club. The largest loss was for Aubameyang, who followed him to Arsenal for £56 million and left for Barcelona for free."

I think Sterling is going to be hard to offload. On good money, finally back in London. You'd have to get a £30m fee just to break even.

He can be frustrating but he hasn't been the worst Chelsea player either. There's a few I'd get rid of before him.

I couldn't quite get a full team out of 'players that have done alright after leaving Spurs'.

Trippier
Campbell
Walker
Berbatov
Gazza
Carrick
Lineker
Bale
Modric
Sheringham
Can't have Lineker. He barely did anything after Spurs.

Joe Hart has won a few leagues in Scotland after leaving

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't have Lineker. He barely did anything after Spurs.

Joe Hart has won a few leagues in Scotland after leaving

Fair point about Lineker. I was thinking he went to Barca after he was at Spurs.

Moving to the Scottish sunday league is a step down but Joe Hart gets a place because we need a keeper.

Sheringham is in. In addition to 3 PL titles, an FA Cup and a Champions League he won both the player's and football writers player of the year for 2000–01.

I think Sterling is going to be hard to offload. On good money, finally back in London. You'd have to get a £30m fee just to break even.

He can be frustrating but he hasn't been the worst Chelsea player either. There's a few I'd get rid of before him.
Unamortised amount left this summer is £19.5m.

He'd be top of the list to move on for mine.

Last edited:

Who?

Why would Sterling want out? He surely knows his next move is to a smaller club and on less money. Surely he'd rather stay at Chelsea on big wages.
I guess he didnt sign up for a youf lead slow rebuild, he was signed under Tuchel before we had these SD in place.

TBH i think he'll go out on loan somewhere.

I guess he didnt sign up for a youf lead slow rebuild, he was signed under Tuchel before we had these SD in place.

TBH i think he'll go out on loan somewhere.
Do you think he will want to go for the Romelu Lukaku ride?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back