Transfer Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Unamortised amount left this summer is £19.5m.

He'd be top of the list to move on for mine.
2 years into a 5 year contract. Signed for £47m.

You would have amortised 20% (£9.5m) in the 22/23 financial year, you'll do another 20% in 23/24. That leaves you with a unamortised value of £28m as far as I can see (£37.5m if you sell before the end of the financial year).

Good question. For Chelsea, I think you need to look at things from three angles. Football, finance and character.

From the football side of things Jackson, Mudryk, Broja, Cucarella stand out. Maybe there's hope of better days for Mudryk and Jackson but I'm not sure. You've got loads of fringe and I'd be looking to offload anyone that can't get a game right now unless they're showing some signs of being special.

Obvious ones are your loaned out players. Lukaku, Kepa, Hall, Maatsen etc

Financial side I'd have to have a think but the obvious ones are Gallagher (I'd cash in if a decent offer comes along), Chalobah. It's a shame that selling youf is the best way to get an immediate boost to your finances. Hall and Maatsen will be big wins for you, although in other times you might be tempted to keep them around to see how they turn out.

Character side I don't know enough about your players. But there have to be some pretty serious flaws there. The powers that be at your club will know who they are and I suspect they will be the first out the door.

2 years into a 5 year contract. Signed for £47m.

You would have amortised 20% (£9.5m) in the 22/23 financial year, you'll do another 20% in 23/24. That leaves you with a unamortised value of £28m as far as I can see (£37.5m if you sell before the end of the financial year).
Eek, you are correct. Feels like a lot longer.

Spurs should go for the buy one get one free deal when you sign Gallagher.
We aren't stupid plus he we would probably be offering no more than half his current wages. His wage is going to make it hard to get rid of him

Imagine how long it feel if he stays for the remainder of his contract
Matt Damon Grandpa GIF

Eek, you are correct. Feels like a lot longer.
I feel sorry for him a bit as he's given us some great times and has been a big part of our success. But he can be a hard watch at times and I think he cops it a fair bit from his own as well as opposition supporters.

Thought he started the season pretty well for you. Has had some pretty bad moments but think he still has something to offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back