Transfer Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You can still recognise a player who has contributed a lot to your club is leaving and be sad about it. Petulant or not he's been a fantastic player for you for a long time in an era where you've signed a lot of dross.

I am not upset by Bruno’s performances and he has put on a lot of good ones, albeit a bit inconsistent at times. It’s the attitude towards his teammates I am not happy with. I think there is a good chance he won’t be around in a year or 2, maybe even this transfer window.

Last edited:
He’s too petulant for my taste. Also, going to be 30 in September and rebuilding the squad would mean selling older players like Bruno. Varane and Casemiro might not be around next season for the same reason.
Do you want United to rebuild like North Melbourne has? Or worse, Chelsea?

I am not upset by Bruno’s performances and he has put on a lot of good ones, albeit a bit inconsistent at times. It’s the attitude towards his teammates I am not happy with. I think there is a good chance he won’t be around in a year or 2, maybe even this transfer window.

Don't see why you'd get rid. Any replacement will be inferior and he has a few good years left. Only a ridiculous fee would prise him away surely.

I am not upset by Bruno’s performances and he has put on a lot of good ones, albeit a bit inconsistent at times.

I suspect a lot of that inconsistency is a result of him never getting a rest TBF.

They say that the best ability is availability and Bruno never misses a game. For that reason alone he has to stay.

I suspect a lot of that inconsistency is a result of him never getting a rest TBF.

They say that the best ability is availability and Bruno never misses a game. For that reason alone he has to stay.

Bruno never getting a rest would definitely be a Bruno decision. But definitely agree that that would play a factor, he’s only human after all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The nerve. They’ve been banging on about how good he has been for them now they don’t want to pay his full release clause. Will probably try to sell him back to us for £85m in a couple of seasons as well.

Early days but I think their is a clear top 3 signings of the season that are a mile above the rest. So far signings of the season are

1. James Ward-Prowse - Fits West Ham perfectly who are one of the best set piece teams around and now with the best set piece taker around. Ive read he has like 6 assists already or something crazy like that
2. James Maddison - Unheralded as a targetted man at Leicester. More freedom and a system that suits him to a tee with Angeball
3. Dominik Szoboszlai - Absolute beast. All that money spent on all those CMs and this guy is a cut above.

Id be staggered if anything changes from those top 3 either. Early days I know but sometimes a signing just fits the team so well they are never going to fail

This early call (in September!) is fun to revisit.

Fortunately, I have no such skeletons. Sorry, what?

My least favourite part of the early stages of a new season is the clamour to judge every signing as either the best or worst signing ever~! after four games.

The realtity if the value of any new signing takes months to establish. Except Havertz. He really is the worst signing of the summer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back