Transfer Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder where he ends up?

Not sure.

I think he's a really good player (will finish this season with 20 goals/15 assists which by any measure is objectively a good year).

He's just not quite at the level of consistency required to be the attacking focal point of a side that's aspiring to win league titles/European cups. Games are too close and too hard fought at this level to have a striker who only puts away 1 in 10 chances. I don't see any signs of him improving on this.

Not sure.

I think he's a really good player (will finish this season with 20 goals/15 assists which by any measure is objectively a good year).

He's just not quite at the level of consistency required to be the attacking focal point of a side that's aspiring to win league titles/European cups. Games are too close and too hard fought at this level to have a striker who only puts away 1 in 10 chances. I don't see any signs of him improving on this.

Either PSG or La Liga his likely destinations if he were to move on.

Actually think he could be genuinely devastating against the pensioners in Serie A however nobody there could afford him save for Napoli if someone triggered the Osmihen buyout clause.

Either PSG or La Liga his likely destinations if he were to move on.

Actually think he could be genuinely devastating against the pensioners in Serie A however nobody there could afford him save for Napoli if someone triggered the Osmihen buyout clause.

Not sure about cost. I think we'll be taking a significant hair cut on his original fee if we're hoping to sell him. And the Italian clubs will do what they always do. Loan for 3 years then sign on a free.

Not sure about cost. I think we'll be taking a significant hair cut on his original fee if we're hoping to sell him. And the Italian clubs will do what they always do. Loan for 3 years then sign on a free.

We are pretty good on selling. International player at 24, with plenty left on the contract. PSG actually makes sense as an Mbappe replacement. I'd expect around 60m.

I don't reckon we would even bother listening to the various complicated loan to buy deals from Italian clubs.

We are pretty good on selling. International player at 24, with plenty left on the contract. PSG actually makes sense as an Mbappe replacement. I'd expect around 60m.

I don't reckon we would even bother listening to the various complicated loan to buy deals from Italian clubs.
I'll put Darwin as my DP if you get 60m for him.

No one is paying that.

I only see him a handful of times and whenever I do, he’s an absolute handful to contend with. His size, pace, physical presence is quite a unique profile to have. If he had that end product to match though, that’s the difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only see him a handful of times and whenever I do, he’s an absolute handful to contend with. His size, pace, physical presence is quite a unique profile to have. If he had that end product to match though, that’s the difference.
That sounds like Adama Traore.

It's all good and well to be impressive everywhere else but if you have no end product, you're virtually useless.

It's all relative really.

In isolation, yes they look fine. When you view how many chances he absolutely butchers, that goal tally looks light.

I don’t think that is in dispute, yes he’s wasteful and that essentially leans into ADL’s original point.

Nunez has about 40 goal contributions for club and country this season.

Obviously the misses get highlighted at lot, but he does produce the numbers needed.
I think herein lies the problem. He hasn't produced the numbers needed if you finish 3rd. Not with the misses that's being referred to.

He's not a donkey but he can't be relied on at the very top level Liverpool should be aiming at.

He has a shot conversion rate of 10.5% which is easily the worst of any of the CFs in the league(top half clubs anyway).

I dont see any big team wanting to touch him, a loan out somewhere may be Pools only chance.

With 35 goal contributions this season, being a starting player for Uruguay at 24 and plenty of experience in CL / PL Darwin will have many clubs after him if we do choose to part ways. He's a very effective weapon when harassed in the right way.

With 35 goal contributions this season, being a starting player for Uruguay at 24 and plenty of experience in CL / PL Darwin will have many clubs after him if we do choose to part ways. He's a very effective weapon when harassed in the right way.
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Remove this Banner Ad

Back