NO TROLLS Transgender Discrimination AFL Lawsuit

Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon
Is this view widely accepted amongst trans people/supporters?

For example, would they accept that both of the following statements are true?

1. "Trans-women are women".
  2. "Trans-women are men".

It is how the law, the WHO and sporting, health and other bodies see it.

Last edited:

Roby

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
When people constantly move goalposts to be progressive is there ever 'correct terminology'?

There'll be 486 genders tomorrow and 490 the day after. Who can be bothered keeping up just to appease people who should be receiving help, not being pandered too

Also, terrible comparison. Though those of us in the real world expect as much from the lunatics

I wouldn't be getting into or worrying about those numbers yet, you seem to be struggling with just two.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
When people constantly move goalposts to be progressive is there ever 'correct terminology'?

There'll be 486 genders tomorrow and 490 the day after. Who can be bothered keeping up just to appease people who should be receiving help, not being pandered too

Also, terrible comparison. Though those of us in the real world expect as much from the lunatics

Well done on correct use of Gender there and not Sex, I'm impressed.

Gender isn't Sex, just like Beer isn't Cider. They're different words, and different things.

Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon
You people are just needlessly complicating things. For what gain, I'll never know
I guess I'm not woke enough. Thankfully I live in the real world

Yes the real world where there are only 2 sexes.

There is nothing complicated or woke about it but where the confusion comes into it is when the gender word is used instead of sex.

Roby

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
My eyes and knowing what women look like.

It's why in all my years of going out I've never picked a bloke up.

So glad you've finally clarified the basis of your arguments on your selective biases, as opposed to a scientific one.

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies

I don’t think transgender automatically means they identify as non binary genders. Thats a different ball game.

Also, they do get help. They receive therapy before they can start any sort of transition.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
I don’t think transgender automatically means they identify as non binary genders. Thats a different ball game.

Also, they do get help. They receive therapy before they can start any sort of transition.

This is true.

Trans people can also believe wholly in there being only men and women and not a crap load of other genders.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Its all connected.

If a women identifies with being sporty and fit then her body and look will point to that.

If a women identifies as a goth then she will wear black and have tatts.

Those examples literally have nothing to do with looks or body.

These identifiers seems to be the most pointless inane things out there.

Looks and bodies are only linked to genetics, nothing to do with identifying.

kirsti

Club Legend
Jul 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United
I'm not very fluent on the different policies taken by different sports, but reading through the quoted AFLW requirements it actually seems reasonable to me in terms of application. Medical transitioners would have those endocrinology records, 24 months sounds reasonable, and the performance data would be easy to obtain for anyone with a goal towards AFLW (and as an athlete would be expected to happen anyway). How it is evaluated is another thing, but it feels an appropriate balance for inclusion in a competition on the level of the AFLW.

If you had to do all that for every weekend local sport you'd be pissed, but if you had a dream to play in the AFLW then those requirements aren't too onerous.
I agree the AFLW assessment criteria is fair I suggest it should be used at the grassroots also because if it is about safety the grassroots is where safety is needed most.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
What about allowing Hannah (and other trans-women) to compete (only) in men's competitions?

What are the arguments against this?

Personally I'd say this is the preferred option; people can compete in the women's comp where they're born as biological women, everyone else plays in the men's (or 'open' competition).

People like a Semenya obviously require a little more nuance, but that's a separate discussion.

Mar 28, 2006
POLICE STATE
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is this view widely accepted amongst trans people/supporters?

For example, would they accept that both of the following statements are true?

1. "Trans-women are women".
  2. "Trans-women are men".
It depends on the context. It is not necessarily that the latter is wholly untrue - it is, however, considered offensive in most social contexts. For example, a doctor treating a transwoman will typically refer to them as she/her in conversations but diagnose them physiologically on the basis of their biological sex being male.

Roby

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Well eyes tend to be a very valuable tool for engineers.

Don't think Astronomers could do without them in their field of work.

Kind of important in medical science too...

An archaic and incorrect point of view. You don't really understand "science".

Maybe start actually learning about the scientific method before acting as an authority on biology and psychology, and to another extent you're lack of awareness in anthropology.

Back