NO TROLLS Transgender Discrimination AFL Lawsuit

Remove this Banner Ad

A majority of AFLW players don't want to compete against Mouncey. That's why it's interesting, the AFL won't be rolling over.
And rightly so, it’s unfortunate for Hannah, but the AFL simply can’t let her play, it represents an infraction of their duty of care for the entire AFLW fraternity..... The legal pushback if an injury was deemed to be caused from Mouncey’s physical advantages would be extreme.

When you're talking about biological sex, it is clear for roughly 99.9% of people. That's why it's a thing.
I agree but I think its a really complex issue and the AFL is probably hoping they can just follow the lead of an International Sporting body.
If someone is legally a female and they arent allowed to participate in sport or professional sport its not a big step to call it discrimination.

I actually knew a child like that. I was told by his teacher that he has a condition where he had a female chromosome in him or something like that, essentially making him both a boy and a girl in a way. He looked like a boy and definitely identified as a boy but there was a chance puberty was going to be weird for him and I was told he was going to be sterile. I wish I remember the exact details of his condition.

simple question if she has a Vagina of course she is eligible as she is a woman. She’s not identifying as nothing else. She doesn’t need special permission as she is a woman
My point was that some women are a lot bigger and stronger than some other competitors in their sport, and that is ok - so why not a post op transgender woman?

My point was that some women are a lot bigger and stronger than some other competitors in their sport, and that is ok - so why not a post op transgender woman?

no you ask can a woman play women's football. Hence my sarcasm with Mills. I said there is no black and white with Cambage because she is a woman and doesn’t just identify as one. Poor analogy on your behalf

This kind of argument is so dumb. It doesn't needed to be flooded, it just needs 1 95kg male who recently transitioned to a female crashing into a 58kg women athlete and breaking her in half for the entire competition to become a farce.

We should always strive for equality, however there are always going to be freak anomalies where "fairness" for the extreme majority has to outweigh fairness for the extreme extreme minority.

Make no mistake this is just the beginning of what could potentially be a huge problem for female sport going forward, we already have multiple gold medal winners and world champions in the female category who are biologically male, and over time as the money in female sport drastically increases and the ability to transition becomes easier and more affordable it will become increasingly prevelant. And before some Muppet says, no its not going to be everywhere, but professional sporting leagues need to sort it out now.

The truth is girls do NOT want to play professional sport against men, and allowing biological males to compete in female competitions will see participation drop away.
K so what happens if Aaron Sandilands tackles Caleb Daniels and hurts him. Does the AFL get sued because a small guy has to play in the same league as a monster?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The advantages biological men have are too much of an advantage. Bigger lungs, bigger heart, stronger bones, greater muscle mass, better reflexes. These advantages don't disappear even after surgery.

K so what happens if Aaron Sandilands tackles Caleb Daniels and hurts him. Does the AFL get sued because a small guy has to play in the same league as a monster?

You would do well to read what ShanDog posted just one page ago...

There is so more more to it then just size difference. Bone density, muscle mass, strength in general and a whole host of other factors are benefits that biological males 'enjoy' over biological females.

Your analogy is false because Daniel has many more things in his favour against Sandilands than a biological woman would have against a trans-woman (biological man). Bone density to absorb contact, better athleticism to evade in the first place, quicker reaction time... the list goes on. The point is, it is a far more even playing field with Daniel and Sandilands playing against each other than it would be for Hannah Mouncey (for instance) and Georgia Gee. The two are not even remotely comparable... It's a very poorly made point you make when actually taking in the facts.

A biological man competing in a contact sport against biological women is just not appropriate. No amount of hyperbole or arguments will ever alter facts, nor does hormone treatment or surgery IMO.

Last edited:
I agree but I think its a really complex issue and the AFL is probably hoping they can just follow the lead of an International Sporting body.
If someone is legally a female and they arent allowed to participate in sport or professional sport its not a big step to call it discrimination.
It is discrimination. But that doesn't mean it's wrong. We (society) lawfully discriminate all the time.

I love that the slippery slope brigade has moved onto meaningless things like sports now that they've lost the gay marriage 'debate'.

In 2 years I look forward to you guys shitting yourselves over the slippery slope of what is classified as a sandwich.
My gawd

It's a complex issue and yet you reduce it to this level

We should ban ruckman and full back's too.

Actually anyone who can play up and down the spine, shouldn't be out on the same field with rovers and forward pockets.

Wit the exception of Leigh Matthews...wow, imagine if he had tried to transition back in the day...

I saw someone write on one of the Facebook pages about it. He has a point. Once they open the door to allowing transgender play women’s sport, he believes we will see the Women’s 100m sprint final field all being transgenders one day. That would be totally unfair.

I saw someone write on one of the Facebook pages about it. He has a point. Once they open the door to allowing transgender play women’s sport, he believes we will see the Women’s 100m sprint final field all being transgenders one day. That would be totally unfair.
Already happening, look up Terry Miller and Andrea Yearwood.

People are absolutely terrified of being labelled a bigot so they either don’t say anything or couch their disagreement with “I fully support trans people but...”

Transgender rights has now become the cause celebre for the woke crowd. They don’t care how it affects biological women, their only focus is on the minuscule population of trans people. For them, there is no greater good, only an injustice that must be corrected.

Ok, how would Daisy Pearce go with Caleb Daniel, they're roughly the same size, since that's all that seems to matter to you in the discussion?

In 2 years I look forward to you guys shitting yourselves over the slippery slope of what is classified as a sandwich.

And I look forward to you screeching that the two pieces of bread around a slab of pork belly is exercising its absolute right to identify as fruit salad.

Therefore there's no trouble putting it on gluten free, vegan and low fat menus.

What could be wrong with that?

All those glutenphobic meatphobic fat shaming bigots could just as easily get cleaned up by Aaoron Sandilands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back