NO TROLLS Transgender Discrimination AFL Lawsuit

Jan 14, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
But there are 7ft women out there.

Yes and there are 5ft men, it's not a valid argument though.
Men are generally taller than women - and that is not the only advantage men have over women in sports.
If the amount of trans athletes increases then expect to see more and more women losing their places to them in womens sport.

There is a reason you wont see 7ft women (or any other women) in any numbers asking to play mens sports - because they realise what you don't.

Sep 19, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yes and there are 5ft men, it's not a valid argument though.
Men are generally taller than women - and that is not the only advantage men have over women in sports.
If the amount of trans athletes increases then expect to see more and more women losing their places to them in womens sport.

There is a reason you wont see 7ft women (or any other women) in any numbers asking to play mens sports - because they realise what you don't.
You obviously haven't been following this thread or you would see the obvious sarcasm reflective of previous posts.

Kozzie_Magic

Senior List
Nov 7, 2020
Bigfooty t/as Aust Antifa - Endorsed by chief
AFL Club
Melbourne
Interesting article, it was written in Sept 2020

Keeping Male Bodies Out of Women’s Rugby – Quillette

During this period, instances of biological males playing in the women’s game increased, and some participants began to express alarm. One rugby referee posted on the website Fair Play for Women, for instance, that “being forced to prioritize hurt feelings over broken bones exposes me to personal litigation from female players who have been harmed by players who are biologically male. This is driving female players and referees out of the game.” Another wrote, “I volunteer my time to officiate matches because I love my sport. But I won’t continue much longer if I have stay quiet about the unfairness I see on the pitch or risk abuse by getting called transphobic if I turned a player away.” A chairperson of one UK rugby club expressed shock upon discovering that, as she reported, “If anyone suspects someone on the opposing team might have an advantage because they are transgender, ‘they must not ask.’ They must simply accept that all teams will be ‘complying with the rules.’”

flyinghi64

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2006
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
This should have been knocked on the head a long time ago by some international sporting code governing body instead of being left to slowly creep through here and there allowing a minute amount of transgenders to get to play against women.
Now that the LGBTQ community has so much pull as they are so easily offended and have such a loud voice it is getting very hard to say "Umm no that's not fair and even"

I am not HOMOPHOBE, TRANSGENDERPHOBE, TRIBIOGOPHOBE, or whatever all the names we mere average everyday people get called when we don't "agree" with something. Do what you want, be who you want to be, live free and healthy and just be a good person.
BUT, if I see a man who has gone through a full stage of puberty as a man then decides he wants to become a she and play sport against biologically born women and girls whilst having the size and strength advantage of a man I am going to say "Mmmm that's a bit unfair"

It is not discriminating it is just looking out for the health and wellbeing and fairness in womens sport.

Kozzie_Magic

Senior List
Nov 7, 2020
Bigfooty t/as Aust Antifa - Endorsed by chief
AFL Club
Melbourne
It really depends when they transitioned. A male who used puberty blockers and then transitioned at the beginning of adulthood should be fine to play as a women.

At the age of 12 or even before??

There are so many things wrong with this I honestly don't know where to start. Firstly, puberty blockers isn't permanent, the poor kid would have to take it over a long period of time to achieve the desired result. They don't know about any possible long term side affects because there's been no long term studies, except that they know that taking them will definitely have an adverse impact on bone density. There's also evidence of a "statistically significant" increase in suicidal thoughts in those taking the blocker for a year. All so someone born a male can play in the AFLW, ffs. WTF!

Anyone who pushes their 12 year old kids to take them without a genuine medical reason belong in jail.

At the age of 12 or even before??

There are so many things wrong with this I honestly don't know where to start. Firstly, puberty blockers isn't permanent, the poor kid would have to take it over a long period of time to achieve the desired result. They don't know about any possible long term side affects because there's been no long term studies, except that they know that taking them will definitely have an adverse impact on bone density. There's also evidence of a "statistically significant" increase in suicidal thoughts in those taking the blocker for a year. All so someone born a male can play in the AFLW, ffs. WTF!

Anyone who pushes their 12 year old kids to take them without a genuine medical reason belong in jail.
Yeah sure. They’re doing it just to play in the AFLW. No other reason 😂

There’s “evidence” of a lot of things that aren’t true. How was the study conducted? Did it account for bias in the sample? If it was done mostly on trans kids (the majority taking puberty blockers) then there are clear underlying reasons why kids taking these meds are having suicidal thoughts that have nothing to do with the drug and everything to do with societal attitudes towards trans people.

Truth is that 30 years of use have shown no ill effects from puberty blocker use.

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
This should have been knocked on the head a long time ago by some international sporting code governing body instead of being left to slowly creep through here and there allowing a minute amount of transgenders to get to play against women.
Now that the LGBTQ community has so much pull as they are so easily offended and have such a loud voice it is getting very hard to say "Umm no that's not fair and even"

I am not HOMOPHOBE, TRANSGENDERPHOBE, TRIBIOGOPHOBE, or whatever all the names we mere average everyday people get called when we don't "agree" with something. Do what you want, be who you want to be, live free and healthy and just be a good person.
BUT, if I see a man who has gone through a full stage of puberty as a man then decides he wants to become a she and play sport against biologically born women and girls whilst having the size and strength advantage of a man I am going to say "Mmmm that's a bit unfair"

It is not discriminating it is just looking out for the health and wellbeing and fairness in womens sport.
Oh dear me what a horrid situation we are in. I'm glad we have people like you to speak up against the lgbtqi community and the horrible domination they have over our society...

Apr 29, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Here's another trans person wanting to compete in women's sports - Lauren Hubbard. As Gavin Hubbard, he set New Zealand records in men's weightlifting, though they were later beaten. Now, after transitioning, Lauren Hubbard is an internationally-ranked competitor in women's weightlifting, hoping to be an Olympian. Some female athletes have complained that Hubbard has unfair sex-based advantages. But anyone can see that athletes like Lauren look nothing like male competitors - for instance, they have longer hair. Other than call those women who complain TERFs, and threaten to kill, rape, or dox them, there doesn't seem much that trans activists can do to stop these females from complaining. The world is so unfair.

Science_Laurel-Hubbard-943605096.jpg

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah sure. They’re doing it just to play in the AFLW. No other reason 😂

There’s “evidence” of a lot of things that aren’t true. How was the study conducted? Did it account for bias in the sample? If it was done mostly on trans kids (the majority taking puberty blockers) then there are clear underlying reasons why kids taking these meds are having suicidal thoughts that have nothing to do with the drug and everything to do with societal attitudes towards trans people.

Truth is that 30 years of use have shown no ill effects from puberty blocker use.

Intelligently dishonest.

If made the argument that puberty blockers had side affects but the risk to mental health was greater than that’s honest intelligently.

Back