Opinion Transgender footballers

Remove this Banner Ad

You were using a straw man argument about lizards but you don't think you're being smart? You know that's bullshit.

Your attitude doesn't have to change but you are still wrong to mislabel gender. Being wrong about something has nothing to do with your right to an opinion.

And the "I believe", I think, pretty much sums it up. There is no big difference. Just a great big head buried in the sand.

Straw man argument? Nope. Being serious. Why couldn’t someone identify with the reptilian part in their brain and identify as such?

But I thought gender has nothing to do with reproductive organs and how we are when we are born? Wasn’t it said gender is cultural/societal differences and not connected to biological sex?

If it's possible to be born with a different sex's reproductive organs, how is it hard to believe you can be born with a different sex's brain? Because that's what the real peer-reviewed science is showing.

Straw man argument? Nope. Being serious. Why couldn’t someone identify with the reptilian part in their brain and identify as such?
Everyone already has a gender identity. We aren't talking about goblins and fairies. It's an absurd equivalency and the question doesn't belong in this conversation.

There is nothing stopping anyone from identifying as anything they like, and in doing so there is no proof of mental illness either. Unless they're claiming to be a biological reptile.

What is the point of your question? Do you know? Did you think it through?

Everyone already has a gender identity. We aren't talking about goblins and fairies. It's an absurd equivalency and the question doesn't belong in this conversation.

There is nothing stopping anyone from identifying as anything they like, and in doing so there is no proof of mental illness either. Unless they're claiming to be a biological reptile.

What is the point of your question? Do you know? Did you think it through?

I thought gender was fluid and the number of genders was infinite? Reptiles are real, goblins and fairies are not. What would you say to someone who identified as part reptilian out of curiosity?

I thought gender was fluid and the number of genders was infinite?
Where did I say it wasn't fluid and infinite? I said everyone has a gender identity.

Reptiles are real, goblins and fairies are not.
This is a pointless distinction. We're talking about human identity.

What would you say to someone who identified as part reptilian out of curiosity?
I'd like to think I wouldn't insult them or argue things I don't understand, or haven't bothered to educate myself on. I'd ask you, but you've already shown your hand.

Where did I say it wasn't fluid and infinite? I said everyone has a gender identity.

This is a pointless distinction. We're talking about human identity.

I'd like to think I wouldn't insult them or argue things I don't understand, or haven't bothered to educate myself on. I'd ask you, but you've already shown your hand.

The transgender rmovement states that gender is fluid and has infinite gender possibilities.

Some people believe we evolved from reptiles/apes and is part of humanity. That is the connection. Otherkins (Otherkin are a subculture who socially and spiritually identify as not entirely human) is becoming more prevalent

You didn't answer how you would speak to them?

The transgender rmovement states that gender is fluid and has infinite gender possibilities.
Yep. What's your point?

Some people believe we evolved from reptiles/apes and is part of humanity. That is the connection. Otherkins (Otherkin are a subculture who socially and spiritually identify as not entirely human) is becoming more prevalent
Fascinating. What's your point?

You didn't answer how you would speak to them?
Yes I did.

My mother befriended a Canadian trans gender person on a cruise over 15 years ago. I have forgotten which Asian port they disembarked but the Police tried to arrest/ detain this person. Sensing the fear my mother fought with the officials till they let them pass, and were/possibly still are pen pals.
The reason I am writing this is my mother is a very staunch Christian, she is 86 and possibly doesn't agree with trans people, but we are accepting people, who protect others over our own safety. Acceptance, freedom of speech and choice are our right, we can be respectful to anyone regardless of our beliefs.
Thankyou Kirsti for your balanced comments on this topic, I have enjoyed your posts.

Yep. What's your point?

Fascinating. What's your point?

Yes I did.
My point is with the precedent set, people can now identify (feel) however they want and we have to accept that. If you accept trans you will have to accept people believe they are part reptile due to evolution because it's part of humans biological development. And no you didn't say how you would talk to them, you just said you wouldn't insult them.

My mother befriended a Canadian trans gender person on a cruise over 15 years ago. I have forgotten which Asian port they disembarked but the Police tried to arrest/ detain this person. Sensing the fear my mother fought with the officials till they let them pass, and were/possibly still are pen pals.
The reason I am writing this is my mother is a very staunch Christian, she is 86 and possibly doesn't agree with trans people, but we are accepting people, who protect others over our own safety. Acceptance, freedom of speech and choice are our right, we can be respectful to anyone regardless of our beliefs.
Thankyou Kirsti for your balanced comments on this topic, I have enjoyed your posts.

A lovely story thanks for sharing. I have found the elderly people to be the least judgemental with my trans identity.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

But what if I identify with the reptilian part in me due to my ancestry and inherent biology? Ps I don’t t care if it’s 2019.
Anyone can identify as being part human and part ape/dog/lizard/supeman/superwoman. You can even add more parts to whichever animal you want.
It's your brain and inner belief, so who can really fault you?

The thing is, there's belief in your inner self and then acting out for the world to see AND for the rest of your life.
A transgender person would tend to act out in similar vein to what they identify themself as "male" or "female", or a few other subclasses of genders. Exactly the same way one would see other non-transgender males/females.
I can't see anyone climbing up walls like a lizard/gecko or trying to fly off a large building like super-man/woman (with actual success).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone can identify as being part human and part ape/dog/lizard/supeman/superwoman. You can even add more parts to whichever animal you want.
It's your brain and inner belief, so who can really fault you?

You are right, people can do what they want, it's not our business. I'm responsible for myself and my daughter. I can't judge other people. Trans people can live their lives how they see fit. I can however take issue with the idea of forced speech and hate put upon myself and others who share similar views if we don't accept certain things as fact.

It would be interesting to see lizard/gecko people flying off buildings though.

Cheers John Who.

A lovely story thanks for sharing. I have found the elderly people to be the least judgemental with my trans identity.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Keep on the good fight Kirsti, you're doing a marvellous job! :thumbsu:
And if anyone thinks transgenderism is a mental illness, then I'm going to point them to you - respectful, tolerant, intelligent and helpful. :cool:

You are right, people can do what they want, it's not our business. I'm responsible for myself and my daughter. I can't judge other people. Trans people can live their lives how they see fit. I can however take issue with the idea of forced speech and hate put upon myself and others who share similar views if we don't accept certain things as fact.

It would be interesting to see lizard/gecko people flying off buildings though.

Cheers John Who.
I actually appreciate members such as yourself, even though we don't share the same thinking, you and I at least can have a respectful conversation. (So I'm giving you a "like") ;)

Though I need to remind you that you were the one imposing your views on someone else's post by correcting the "she" for a "he".

I actually appreciate members such as yourself, even though we don't share the same thinking, you and I at least can have a respectful conversation. (So I'm giving you a "like") ;)

Though I need to remind you that you were the one imposing your views on someone else's post by correcting the "she" for a "he".

Same here mate. We may not agree on certain things but being respectful to each other means we learn far more rather than the ‘you don’t know s**t/or you’re a dickhead’ approach. Appreciate the conversation John Who.

As long as they can kick a bag, who cares what their junk looks like. AFLW should absolutely include transgender players or those who are in the home straight of the transitioning process

I saw a show once where someone “identified” as a dog. Walked on hands and feet, barked , eat food from a bowl

Was still a person pretending to be a dog

I saw a show once where someone “identified” as a dog. Walked on hands and feet, barked , eat food from a bowl

Was still a person pretending to be a dog
Or if this "mandog" was doing this behavior for the rest of his/her life then this is what we call a "delusion", and this is where it's apt to be referred to as "mental illness". It's not going to be healthy eating just dog food all the time!

Or if this "mandog" was doing this behavior for the rest of his/her life then this is what we call a "delusion", and this is where it's apt to be referred to as "mental illness". It's not going to be healthy eating just dog food all the time!
My point being you can identify with or as whatever you like

Unless this person developed the ability to genetically change into a dog they are still a person

Who will catch a ball and come when you whistle !:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back