Transgender

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that the tolerance of anti-trans language on BF is at an all-time low. Jokes and insults that are trans-related, as well as anti-trans and bigoted rhetoric will be met with infractions, threadbans etc as required. It's a sensitive (and important) topic, so behave like well-mannered adults when discussing it, PARTICULARLY when disagreeing. This equally applies across the whole site.

Last edited:
I don't like this at all

Why? How else is she supposed to have kids later on?

I mean gender reassignment surgery is good, but its not quite that good yet.

if this person has a child with a biological woman that has a womb then will the child be expected to call the sperm provider mum or dad?

Who ******* cares?

Why? How else is she supposed to have kids later on?

I mean gender reassignment surgery is good, but its not quite that good yet.

Who ******* cares?
Because you can't always have your cake and eat it.

Will have to find a willing partner. Transgender people are by and large lonely, as they aren’t physically appealing to most people.

I think this gets to the heart of why a lot of people instinctively discourage transitioning.

For all the flowery language, how many of us would actually consider a serious relationship with someone transgender, other than fetishists? It would have to be very very few. Maybe in 30 years medical science will be at a point where transitions can be made more convincingly & there will be more acceptance.

For all the flowery language, how many of us would actually consider a serious relationship with someone transgender
Transgender people are by and large lonely, as they aren’t physically appealing to most people.
Everyone I know who is transgender seems to form relationships within the LGBTIQ community pretty easily.

Plenty of neckbeards I know have way more trouble getting laid.

LOL. I know none. I am near on sherbs age.

Where are all these people.
I worked with one that whinged incessantly that she couldn't find a date. She was a bloke only a year earlier and did not pass well enough for people to overlook that fact. Not quite sure what she was into, but was previously married with kids.

There's a theory that for a lot of them it's a paraphilia, a desire to have sex as a woman, and that there's often a fair bit of buyers remorse when they find out the grass isn't greener.

I’m all for people finding happiness and if that’s means surgery then so be it.

Personally I question whether any surgery (face lift, boob job) is healthy though as it deals with the physical issue and not the mental.

A sex change is a whole different level again. If people need it to find happiness, go for it as you only live once. But I’d suggest the mental approach to life is more important than the physical.

I’m all for people finding happiness and if that’s means surgery then so be it.

Personally I question whether any surgery (face lift, boob job) is healthy though as it deals with the physical issue and not the mental.

A sex change is a whole different level again. If people need it to find happiness, go for it as you only live once. But I’d suggest the mental approach to life is more important than the physical.
Know what you mean, but on the other hand, everything we know of ourselves and the world is through embodied understanding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do people think of this?

I don't like this at all, if this person has a child with a biological woman that has a womb then will the child be expected to call the sperm provider mum or dad?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...roze-sperm-still-11393064?ICID=FB_mirror_main

Transgender woman froze her sperm while still a man so she can father a child one day
Lea Membrey, 20, visited a sperm bank three times before she began taking female hormones so she can father a child in the future
I think most transwomen without children have done this as a process step before taking hormones for decades. It is just common sense for anyone facing the probable prospect of sterility, as most people would prefer the option of biological children down the road. Imagining the angst of a child calling the sperm originator "mum" or "dad" on that basis is fairly obscure.

Worth noting for transparency that the ACP is a small, conservative organisation of around 500 which is founded on Judeo-Christian ideals. The larger organisation is the American Academy of Pediatrics. The former could be considered an issue or ideology motivated group, and the latter is a professional organisation of 60,000+.

This doesn't mean they are wrong, but it's important to know what they stand for before reading their conclusions.

The American College of Pediatricians is NOT the official body of paediatrics in the United States (the American Academy of Pediatrics is), but rather a socially conservative 'splinter group' of dissenters within that medical field;

http://catholicexchange.com/pro-lif...to-established-american-academy-of-pediatrics

The American Academy of Pediatrics has adopted policies and positions that have concerned many pediatricians who are members of that professional organization. In response to such liberal actions as endorsing homosexual adoption and abortion, a new organization was formed: the American College of Pediatrics.

Earlier this year, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) released a statement declaring its support for homosexual parenting. Dr. Joseph Zanga, who chairs the AAP's Bioethics Committee, says that report was released to the public despite the objections of one-third of the committee which drafted it. Such tactics and stances on social issues have angered many of the group's members and more and more pediatricians are now affiliating themselves with the American College of Pediatrics (ACP).

Zanga, the ACP's founder, describes his organization as one with Judeo-Christian, traditional values that is open to pediatric medical professionals of all religions who hold true to the group's core beliefs: that life begins at conception; and that the traditional family unit, headed by an opposite-sex couple, poses far fewer risk factors in the adoption and raising of children...

Their own website openly declares its ideological stance;

https://www.acpeds.org/about-us

The Mission of the American College of Pediatricians is to enable all children to reach their optimal physical and emotional health and well-being. To this end, we recognize the basic father-mother family unit, within the context of marriage, to be the optimal setting for childhood development, but pledge our support to all children, regardless of their circumstances.

I suggest we take whatever they have to say with a few grains of salt, however qualified they appear to be.

Worth noting for transparency that the ACP is a small, conservative organisation of around 500 which is founded on Judeo-Christian ideals. The larger organisation is the American Academy of Pediatrics. The former could be considered an issue or ideology motivated group, and the latter is a professional organisation of 60,000+.

This doesn't mean they are wrong, but it's important to know what they stand for before reading their conclusions.

Nice one. Beat me to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whole family has transitioned. At what stage does it become child abuse. Questions need to be asked when both parents transition and then the kids do as well.

upload_2018-1-9_17-17-36.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back