Transgender

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that the tolerance of anti-trans language on BF is at an all-time low. Jokes and insults that are trans-related, as well as anti-trans and bigoted rhetoric will be met with infractions, threadbans etc as required. It's a sensitive (and important) topic, so behave like well-mannered adults when discussing it, PARTICULARLY when disagreeing. This equally applies across the whole site.

Last edited:
They should be fine. The first indication of a mental illness presenting itself is often sleep disturbances, but that seems unlikely to be an issue if they are winning comps straight after. It may be worth asking your kid just in case how they are sleeping, and how they feel about it all, without making too big a deal of it.

Official now a rehab mental health place for a minimum two weeks likely longer , will have to re do year 10 next year!

Official now a rehab mental health place for a minimum two weeks likely longer , will have to re do year 10 next year!
Congrats mate, that's a good result. I went through similar myself as a teen (although I'm not trans, just mentally ill). Redoing year 10 means nothing if it's the difference between life and death. All the best.

Congrats mate, that's a good result. I went through similar myself as a teen (although I'm not trans, just mentally ill). Redoing year 10 means nothing if it's the difference between life and death. All the best.

dropped out in year 11 myself, worked, wasn't the best decision. been on and off anti pills for the best part of a decade myself. I can relate to the kid if ever wants to talk but it's pretty complicated, he hasn't seen me since he was like 5/6 and we only spoken 5 or 6 times since. very complicated.

dropped out in year 11 myself, worked, wasn't the best decision. been on and off anti pills for the best part of a decade myself. I can relate to the kid if ever wants to talk but it's pretty complicated, he hasn't seen me since he was like 5/6 and we only spoken 5 or 6 times since. very complicated.
Please take any advice from me, or any other internet stranger, with a grain of salt. The qualified doctors are the ones to listen to now. All the best mate.

Please take any advice from me, or any other internet stranger, with a grain of salt. The qualified doctors are the ones to listen to now. All the best mate.

all good man, I know when some advice or opinion is considered enough or not. I have nothing to do with what is happening to him just wanted to discuss it for opinions and like minded related experiences sort of thing. thanks

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...accused-rape-remanded-female-prison-sexually/

Transgender person accused of rape is remanded into female prison and sexually assaults inmates within days

The prison service has apologised after a transgender inmate, charged with raping a woman, sexually assaulted four fellow inmates just days after being remanded into an all female jail.

Convicted paedophile Karen White, who was born Stephen Wood, was undergoing gender reassignment, but had not undergone full surgery, when she was accused of repeatedly raping a woman in 2016.

The 52-year-old, who had been previously been jailed in 2001 for a sex attack on a child, told the authorities she identified as a woman and was remanded into HMP New Hall near Wakefield, West Yorkshire.​

I hope that's not the end of it. The judge who allowed this lowlife into a women's prison needs to be held accountable.

I hope that's not the end of it. The judge who allowed this lowlife into a women's prison needs to be held accountable.

You would think the judge is acting due to guidance though? ie can the individual self identify and have a right to be sentenced on that basis? I dont know what the legal stance is but i know that there is a strong push from certain quarters to make self identification enough re the law.

You would think the judge is acting due to guidance though? ie can the individual self identify and have a right to be sentenced on that basis? I dont know what the legal stance is but i know that there is a strong push from certain quarters to make self identification enough re the law.
This is the policy for transgender inmates in Nsw. The Nsw Department Of Corrective Services were one of the first Correctional jurisdictions that developed a policy for trans inmates back in 2002.
https://www.correctiveservices.just... of Transgender and Intersex inmates v2.0.pdf

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Self identification isn't good enough. There's only a small number of inmates that this applies to and according to this report “Almost half of trans women prisoners are sex offenders,” Each case should be individually assessed for whether the individual has lived as that gender for an extended period, and whether they might pose a risk to female inmates.

The prison service has apologised after a transgender inmate, charged with raping a woman, sexually assaulted four fellow inmates just days after being remanded into an all female jail.

Convicted paedophile Karen White, who was born Stephen Wood, was undergoing gender reassignment, but had not undergone full surgery, when she was accused of repeatedly raping a woman in 2016.

The 52-year-old, who had been previously been jailed in 2001 for a sex attack on a child, told the authorities she identified as a woman and was remanded into HMP New Hall near Wakefield, West Yorkshire.​

The campaigner should have had his gender re-assigned to "none" after assaulting the child 17 years ago.

I’m pro people being happy but I struggle to see how surgery is the solution.

If a women gets a breast job, I can’t help but think insecurity.

A sex change takes it to a whole different level.

Each to their own and I support sex change and trans gender people.

I’m pro people being happy but I struggle to see how surgery is the solution.

If a women gets a breast job, I can’t help but think insecurity.

A sex change takes it to a whole different level.

Each to their own and I support sex change and trans gender people.

There's only a very few people who feel so strongly that they are in the wrong body and go through with a sex change.

The vast majority in the trans gender category (and the number has increased hugely in recent years) identify as a different gender to their birth sex. The schism in psychology is whether you accept that self identification, or that you look at the person overall and see the transgender element as a symptom of a more prevailing condition. It's very common for people identifying as transgender to co-report conditions such as anxiety, depression, paranoia, bipolar.

There's only a very few people who feel so strongly that they are in the wrong body and go through with a sex change.

The vast majority in the trans gender category (and the number has increased hugely in recent years) identify as a different gender to their birth sex. The schism in psychology is whether you accept that self identification, or that you look at the person overall and see the transgender element as a symptom of a more prevailing condition. It's very common for people identifying as transgender to co-report conditions such as anxiety, depression, paranoia, bipolar.

I can only imagine how hard life would be

If those stats are accurate then it really is a problem. I kind of wonder though, about the nature and the motives of sex offenders regarding this specific thing. Are they being crafty, trying to 'game' the system by declaring themselves trans to gain access to potential victims in prison? How far along in the actual 'process' are these inmates?

Similarly, do the functions of a priest or a scout master 'make' suseptible people turn into paedophiles, or are these positions covetted by those with existing conditions as they offer the most access to a ready pool of unfortunate victims?

I realise uncovering motive doesn't in itself fix the problem, but it's possible improved psych screening of trans inmates might be a step towards prevention.

If those stats are accurate then it really is a problem. I kind of wonder though, about the nature and the motives of sex offenders regarding this specific thing. Are they being crafty, trying to 'game' the system by declaring themselves trans to gain access to potential victims in prison? How far along in the actual 'process' are these inmates?
Stephen Wood, aka Karen White, is still fully male - working dick and balls. If you read this Twitter thread, it is still entirely possible for this man to be sent to women's prison for his crimes against women, with working male genitalia:

Stephen Wood, aka Karen White, is still fully male - working dick and balls. If you read this Twitter thread, it is still entirely possible for this man to be sent to women's prison for his crimes against women, with working male genitalia:

Yeah, that's just not on. Unless he agreed to something like chemical castration to nullify his sex drive or commit to having his testosterone levels drop through HRT for transitioning I don't think he should be admitted to a female prison.

Applause & bashing on Twitter after transgender woman wins female cycling world championship

5bc42646fc7e931a718b45d7.jpg

Canadian Rachel McKinnon finished ahead of the field at the women’s sprint 35-39 age bracket at the world cycling championship on Sunday. Many have praised her achievement, but some say it was cheating, since she was born male.

McKinnon is the "first" transgender woman ever to win gold at the UCI Masters Track Cycling World Championships. The event was organized by USA Cycling and took place in Los Angeles under the auspices of the International Cycling Federation (ICF).

https://www.rt.com/news/441250-cyclist-transgender-champinship-wins/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back