Transgender

sorted

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Geelong
Really? Wouldn't have thought that would present a problem in a professional league. Maybe at amateur levels when performance isn't related to your career and livelihood.
This is what Shame Mumford did to 6'2 88kg Mitch Duncan. I don't think he would to that to 5'6 60kg Nina Morrison in case he killed her.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scotland

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
West Coast
Same as in soccer. Any decent boys U14s team would beat the Matildas. Yet the women in the W League get paid a few thousand and are sponsored, whereas the boy's parents have to find regos fees and buy their own boots.
The Matildas did lose 7-0 to the Newcastle Jets U/15s.

The W-League has a salary cap of $300k, the NWSL (US equivalent) $350k. That's about as good as it gets. If you are the best female player in the world you might get $60-70k, whereas the minimum in the A-League for a player older than 20 is $64k. And the A-League with an average wage of $180k isn't a high paying comp by world standards and comes in at #27 at last count. There would be something like 15-20,000 male players paid more than the best female player. And without wanting to shit on the women's game, see above RE: Newcastle Jets. That hierarchy is actually meritorious.

But it's not merit based nor is it a function of gender. It's a function of commercial interest. Plenty of athletes the world over make next to nothing out of their craft, male and female. Plus it's pretty common for female players to be paid more than they generate in income out of the strength of the men's game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sorted

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Geelong
Maybe, but then again, 5'6 & 60kg Nina ain't getting anywhere near an AFL team.
She was no. 1 draft pick and had a stand out first game which would potentially be a pathway to being a professional at the sport - if all were equal. But it's clearly not. There is a chasm in standard between the elite levels by gender.

Mumford at 6'6 108kg would not want to be tackling Nina Morrison at 5'6 and 60kg. And she would not want to be tackled by him.

kirsti

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United
Could be. Only one way to find out though!
If Nadals body was forced to reduce his testosterone levels as a prerequisite to compete his performances would deteriorate there is no elite male tennis player competing at the elite level that is forced to lower their testosterone levels to under 10nmols.

kirsti

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United
It's been tried. The top women could barely compete with the 400-500th ranked male. If Serena won a game from the top male player it would be a minor miracle.
None of the top 400 male tennis players are suffering complete androgen deprivation.

Ed_Gein

You are nex !
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
LFC, BVB, Rangers, Valencia, Storm
Who actually cares what their testosterone levels are? At the bottom of the matter the don't have the female anatomy to continue human's as a species which is what females are designed to do. Taking HRT or anything otherwise doesn't change that. A healthy person of sound mind could take it for the hell of it and he suddenly doesn't say, "Well, I guess I'm female now I'll start competing in female sports." From a sporting stand point it's complete nonsense they would base testosterone levels on whether or not they can compete as a female. It's a mental health condition. You don't see people with Body Dysmorphic Disorder being told that the only treatment possible is plastic surgery.

Last edited:

WA ROO

FSB 5th Directorate
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Red Devil Sport Club
Fallon Fox is 13 years post surgical transitioned her testosterone levels would be under .2 nmols/L.
Tell that to his opponent that had their skull fractured and was concussed
Afterwards she said that she had never felt so overpowered

You can hand the elite level of womens sport over to Trans athletes to prove your agenda all you want
Just not combat sports

Last edited:

Geelong_Sicko

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Who actually cares what their testosterone levels are? At the bottom of the matter the don't have the female anatomy to continue human's as a species which is what females are designed to do. Taking HRT or anything otherwise doesn't change that. A healthy person of sound mind could take it for the hell of it and he suddenly doesn't say, "Well, I guess I'm female now I'll start competing in female sports." From a sporting stand point it's complete nonsense they would base testosterone levels on whether or not they can compete as a female. It's a mental health condition. You don't see people with Body Dysmorphic Disorder being told that the only treatment possible is plastic surgery.
That's only relevant if you're looking through the prism of penis-in-vagina sexual reproduction. A very small facet of a larger issue.

Tayl0r

AFL Club
Fremantle
Moderator #1,746
Didn't she win heaps of titles over a large number of years, though? Average looker - great talent. Yet the argument is that Anna Kournikova - gorgeous woman with very average talent, made as much moolah as the world-beater.
It's almost as though a woman's value is partially determined by how she looks.

I know that isn't PC but it's something we have over guys, most of us look infinitely more rootable than a guy, to a straight guy anyway. It's one of our advantages.

Geelong_Sicko

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
It's almost as though a woman's value is partially determined by how she looks.

I know that isn't PC but it's something we have over guys, most of us look infinitely more rootable than a guy, to a straight guy anyway. It's one of our advantages.
Yeah, we've got different drives in general. Don't get me wrong, a good looking dude will make more bank than an ordinary-looking one as well, but you're right. Women can go much, much further trading on looks.

It's not right. A woman's sole value shouldn't be just how she looks any more than it should be for a man. But that's how our advertising industry has built up. That's how fashion and glamour work. They feed and feed off our shallowness and base desires.

I'm not totaly against it. It's not wrong to admire beauty. It's not wrong to see someone attractive and want them for reasons. In the big picture however humans should be worth more than the 'base stuff' is all.

Top Bottom