Transgender

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WA ROO

FSB 5th Directorate
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Red Devil Sport Club
Who stands to gain from beauty being removed from the judgement of a woman's value the most?

I'd hazard a guess it's those who would think their rank would improve.
Not sure
In tennis looks would not come into rankings or tournament wins etc
Just with endorsements and advertisers wanting to attach their name to a semi talented but photogenic player
Like Kournikova

Tayl0r

AFL Club
Fremantle
Moderator #1,753
Do we measure success in sport by how much you win or how much money you get out of it before you're done?

There is a handicap of how much above your talent level you achieved in either that could also justify a win.

its free real estate

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
And here's me thinking it was chromosomes.

Your definition would exclude post menopausal women as well as those who's uterus doesn't work properly, etc.
There is a foundational assumption that they are able to or have been at some point in their life, and it is this that distinguishes their life experiences from men. A woman who finds out she can’t bear children at age 20 still grows up with all the burdens reproduction pose on women.

kickazz

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
https://beta.theaustralian.com.au/n...t/news-story/7b655217baaca0bebcf191e6ff2adc52

Apologies for posting a paywalled link, but a search on "Navratilova transgender" should find a copy somewhere.

Martina has written pretty well here, and is sad the vilification and lack of reason coming back the other way.

My only criticism would be the "cheating" comment seems to lack some empathy. Unfair, yes. A situation very susceptible to cheating, yes.

Otherwise, just common sense really.

its free real estate

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
The interesting thing about Navratilova is that she initially said that trans athletes competing in women’s sport was unfair, was called out for it, and in contrition said she’d go and educate herself to better understand what trans athletes face.

On further research she has discovered that her original views were not only correct, but she was too charitable to trans athletes.

Red pilled in real time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jason pm

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fortitude Valley Diehards. Chelsea.
That is so reductionist. There are lots of variations within nature.
I haven't researched the trans gender subject in great detail as it doesn't grab me as an issue but from my perspective what she says in the short video grab makes a lot of sense.

The massive majority of our species are born male or female.

Tayl0r

AFL Club
Fremantle
Moderator #1,769
That is so reductionist. There are lots of variations within nature.
A male seahorse being pregnant holds no bearing on human reproduction which is a binary system.

This isn't a function of our species and we can't think our way to an evolution to make it so.

The only thing close to nature and the variation you refer to in human beings is errors and genetic mistakes that create a person who is different, them being different is not the intention of their being, it doesn't value them less as a person but it is not a circumstance where an alien xenobiologist will scan the planet and split out a new gender group.

raskolnikov

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Lions
A male seahorse being pregnant holds no bearing on human reproduction which is a binary system.

This isn't a function of our species and we can't think our way to an evolution to make it so.

The only thing close to nature and the variation you refer to in human beings is errors and genetic mistakes that create a person who is different, them being different is not the intention of their being, it doesn't value them less as a person but it is not a circumstance where an alien xenobiologist will scan the planet and split out a new gender group.

That is being reductionist, defining people by their reproductive capacity and tbh quite offensive. People contribute a lot more to society than how many babies they spit out.

I've never really understood why people are so obsessed with what others do to their bodies. What business is it of yours?

its free real estate

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
People contribute a lot more to society than how many babies they spit out.
Most people don’t.

I've never really understood why people are so obsessed with what others do to their bodies. What business is it of yours?
If male-bodies people insert themselves into female spaces, then it is other people’s business.

Tayl0r

AFL Club
Fremantle
Moderator #1,774
That is being reductionist, defining people by their reproductive capacity and tbh quite offensive. People contribute a lot more to society than how many babies they spit out.

You were talking about the the variation in nature and now you're diverting to a debate on value.

I said that a person being mentally unwell doesn't diminish their intrinsic human value, but it doesn't make a man a woman or vice versa.

Top Bottom