Transgender

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that the tolerance of anti-trans language on BF is at an all-time low. Jokes and insults that are trans-related, as well as anti-trans and bigoted rhetoric will be met with infractions, threadbans etc as required. It's a sensitive (and important) topic, so behave like well-mannered adults when discussing it, PARTICULARLY when disagreeing. This equally applies across the whole site.

Last edited:
You heard it here first. The WHO and research are loony lefty extremists.

Gough im sure you can answer. Are the last two pages similar arguments to those from when you first came out?
It's nastier now. A lot of the casual homophobia that I heard growing up came from ignorance rather than malice. These people who seek stigmatise transgender people today know exactly what they're doing.

It's nastier now. A lot of the casual homophobia that I heard growing up came from ignorance rather than malice. These people who seek stigmatise transgender people today know exactly what they're doing.
Similar arguments used though yeah?
“It’s a mental illness”
Bringing up random paedos as of it’s the rule of the group
“I’ve got no problem with them. But they need to stop forcing it on me”

Ahh that classic Left tactic of arrogantly talking over but about someone.

I've already said that trangenderes shouldn't be stigmatised, can't you read? No malice, just sympathy. As with anyone with mental health issues. They are the nasty things.

And WHO is a product of it's times, much like that other far left extremist group the NSDAP was.

“It’s a mental illness”
Another extreme Left tactic: take one thing someone says as pair it with an absurd statement they didn't.

Yawn.

Ahh that classic Left tactic of arrogantly talking over but about someone.

I've already said that trangenderes shouldn't be stigmatised, can't you read? No malice, just sympathy. As with anyone with mental health issues. They are the nasty things.

And WHO is a product of it's times, much like that other far left extremist group the NSDAP was.
How do you talk over someone on the internet? I mean you’re still posting, how are you being spoken over?

Another extreme Left tactic: take one thing someone says as pair it with an absurd statement they didn't.

Yawn.
Not everything is about you champ. I wasn’t quoting you with all three. You said the first. The others are from other people.

How sensitive do you have to be to assume that every post on a forum is a dig at you?

“It’s a mental illness”
Totally, it's a complete rerun of the kickback against the Gay Lib movement. The social conservative is a dull and predictable creature.

Have to laugh at the classic deflection tactics.

Proof that the extreme Left is just as bad, and possibly worse than the far Right.

Then again, given the rate of mental illness on the far Left, I shouldn't really be too harsh on you guys.

Proof that the extreme Left is just as bad, and possibly worse than the far Right.

Then again, given the rate of mental illness on the far Left, I shouldn't really be too harsh on you guys.
OMG u r talking ova me n won’t even tag me

* me. For being full of a bunch of middle aged blokes conservatives are soft as butter.

Well, at least it took you 1 post to drop the facade about stigmatising mental illness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure, if you believe sex and gender are two different things then by all means follow the account of psychoanalytical studies. Is gender dysphoria really all that far removed from body dysmorphic disorder which is a mental health condition? Not really. Is there any peer reviewed scientific journals written by biologists claiming it's possible to switch between male to female and vice versa? No. None of them would want to ruin their credibility.
Pretty much everybody has very mild body dysmorphia symptoms.
Not sure that’s the smoking gun of disorders here

Oh no. Internet trolls are making fun of me!

Maybe I'll get a statue.
You got upset because a gay man said this is similar to his experiences.

I don't understand how transgender is conflated with far left. Most older trans people I've known have been moderate/conservative. They are very typical people. Young people can tend to be a little bit more left in general.

Even as someone who came out a decade ago, I completely agree. Back then, it still felt a little obscure/taboo to most people, and so you could lead the conversation and introduce the concept to people for the first time and (hopefully) have no issue. People were open to it. And it was mostly adult transitions (for various reasons).

Since the mid 10s though, the topic has become hot and controversial and perceivably threatening, so every man and their dog has developed an opinion on it, and many far rights seem to find their favourite straw man in it. With more acceptance and prevalence comes more concerted pushback

I can think of a few main reasons though. It's being pushed on and confusing children, trans people are pushing for rights to compete in sport events opposite to the sex they were at birth and other things like being able to use public toilets etc... So it's not something that people are going out of their way to have an opinion on out of spite, it's something that's having an effect on everyone in general.
These concerns (among others) are certainly valid and warrant some ample debate across the political spectrum and societal experiences. Diverse opinion within trans communities as well.

It is just that these concerns in practice are often blown out of all proportion. Conservatives typically couch their arguments in white knight terms of the poor children, poor women, or some other helpless, relatable family member in theoretical danger which they hypocritically exploit to resist equality or change and project deviant thoughts upon, feeding upon "fear of the unknown" frailties.

Last edited:
The WHO disagrees with you.

If you actually read the article, it becomes apparent WHY they made the decision to move it from "mental health disorders" to "sexual health".

"The new classification for transgender people is expected to improve their social acceptance while still providing them with access to important health resources, the WHO said last year when it announced the planned change."

"So, in order to reduce the stigma while also ensuring access to necessary health interventions, this was placed in a different chapter," Say explained.

It was done to reduce the stigma against transgender people. Predictable.

Are you suggesting we shouldn't reduce the stigma against trans people?
How dare they?! Trying to improve acceptance and reduce stigma?! Those monsters!!!!!

Starting to think tayla Harris deserves a statue just for being tougher than the average conservative male

Are you suggesting we shouldn't reduce the stigma against trans people?

We should reduce the stigma against mental illness, and by extension reduce the stigma against trans people (because it's a mental illness).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back