Transgender

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that the tolerance of anti-trans language on BF is at an all-time low. Jokes and insults that are trans-related, as well as anti-trans and bigoted rhetoric will be met with infractions, threadbans etc as required. It's a sensitive (and important) topic, so behave like well-mannered adults when discussing it, PARTICULARLY when disagreeing. This equally applies across the whole site.

Last edited:
I would call it acting
I guess so. But people get antsy about that, don't they? Whitewashing and so on. I mean, it would be weird for a white actor to play Othello, wouldn't it?

I would be honoured if a woman as beautiful as Scarlett was chosen to portray my life in a movie.
#MeToo.

Buddy Franklin could legally be playing in the AFLW in 18 months time or compete as a woman at the 2020 Olympic Games.

Buddy would not have to have any surgery.

Buddy would need to take medication to lower his testosterone levels to 10nmols at least one year prior to his first game or competition as a woman.

Finally Buddy would have to sign an agreement to compete as a woman for a minimum of 5 years, although his birth certificate can remain unchanged as a male.

That is the current policy adopted by the IOC and AFLW

The first trans inclusion policy was developed way back in 2003 prior to the Athens Games, no trans athlete has won a medal under the old IOC policy.

I fear the new trans inclusion policies adopted by both the IOC/AFL has tipped the balance of fairness in favour of trans athletes.

I am all for the maximum participation of my community the trans community participating in sport but equally important the integrity of female sport must be maintained. I suggest the integrity of women’s sport has been compromised if Buddy Franklin could be playing in the AFLW in 18 months time.
Still has time to get to 1000 goals in both codes. He’ll get there in in AFL in two seasons.

Could then get there in VFLW in one.

I must admit, I don't get the stance. Why can non autistic people play autistic? Non disabled play disabled etc...
Don't ask questions that challenge the hypocrisy and sillyness of these things. Do you want to be called a bigoted transphobe? Coz that's how you get called a bigoted transphobe (by the vocal and extremely small batshit-insane fringe dwellers, that is).

Well, Scarlett has stepped down from her role after backlash against her casting. I guess we have our answer.
She can go back to being a superhero whose special power is kicking and being hot. She and Hawkeye make quite a team. He can shoot arrows really well. She's hot and can kick stuff. Together they can take on the world.

She can go back to being a superhero whose special power is kicking and being hot. She and Hawkeye make quite a team. He can shoot arrows really well. She's hot and can kick stuff. Together they can take on the world.
With the relatively low bar for entry, I don't know why the Avengers don't recruit martial artists from around the world. Surely 1,000 Black Widows and Hawkeyes are better than one of each.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe Eddie Redmayne agreed to play a transgender character when he's not actually transgender. And they shamefully nominated him for an Oscar for this heinous piece of identity theft. I'm retrospectively outraged on the behalf of all transgender people.

Kristyana Finch, president of both Adelaide’s transgender support group, the Carousel Club, and the Gender Diversity Alliance South Australia
“The concept that any transgender actor is going to necessarily want all the transgender parts is totally absurd, and there is a transgender woman [Rebecca Root] who plays one of the nurses,” Finch notes of Hooper’s casting choices.

“If you get somebody who’s well known, obviously they are going to attract a broader audience. If you get an unknown actor playing the part, it limits the films reach and I think Lili’s story is important to see.”

Based on that quote and Kirsti's earlier statement, I'm going to assume that this isn't a very common theme among the trans community. I tried to find more information out of curiosity and found that Forbes cynically suggested that she pulled out to play Black Widow in a stand alone film rather than concern about playing a trans character.

I wonder if those who opposed her playing a trans character will be disappointed if the film flops or gets cancelled without the required star-power of someone like Scarlett.

MV5BOGEzOTcyMDAtYmFkMC00NWJiLThmODYtNzljY2RhMmJjNjUwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

Laurence Olivier as Othello.

Oh the slippery slope fallacy back in all its stupid glory.

Paedophile groups like NAMBLA have been trying to gain mainstream acceptance for years. There is a MAJOR difference but morons like you keep trying to play false equivalence.
And the lgbt groups preach about acceptance of any one win different fetishes and fantasies

In the end dweeb the one that is so touchy about it all! don’t shoot the messenger! Am only passing on the info

And the lgbt groups preach about acceptance of any one win different fetishes and fantasies

In the end dweeb the one that is so touchy about it all! don’t shoot the messenger! Am only passing on the info

Slippery slope arguments are used by idiots like you to discredit legitimate social change.

If you arent trolling (I suspect you are as no one can be that stupid) then you are a pretty sad person.

Based on that quote and Kirsti's earlier statement, I'm going to assume that this isn't a very common theme among the trans community. I tried to find more information out of curiosity and found that Forbes cynically suggested that she pulled out to play Black Widow in a stand alone film rather than concern about playing a trans character.

I wonder if those who opposed her playing a trans character will be disappointed if the film flops or gets cancelled without the required star-power of someone like Scarlett.
I am ashamed of the people that bullied Scarlett out of her role, many within the trans community feel the same as I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back