Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Please be aware that the tolerance of anti-trans language on BF is at an all-time low. Jokes and insults that are trans-related, as well as anti-trans and bigoted rhetoric will be met with infractions, threadbans etc as required. It's a sensitive (and important) topic, so behave like well-mannered adults when discussing it, PARTICULARLY when disagreeing. This equally applies across the whole site.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
That is so reductionist. There are lots of variations within nature.
I haven't researched the trans gender subject in great detail as it doesn't grab me as an issue but from my perspective what she says in the short video grab makes a lot of sense.

The massive majority of our species are born male or female.

That is so reductionist. There are lots of variations within nature.
A male seahorse being pregnant holds no bearing on human reproduction which is a binary system.

This isn't a function of our species and we can't think our way to an evolution to make it so.

The only thing close to nature and the variation you refer to in human beings is errors and genetic mistakes that create a person who is different, them being different is not the intention of their being, it doesn't value them less as a person but it is not a circumstance where an alien xenobiologist will scan the planet and split out a new gender group.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
A male seahorse being pregnant holds no bearing on human reproduction which is a binary system.

This isn't a function of our species and we can't think our way to an evolution to make it so.

The only thing close to nature and the variation you refer to in human beings is errors and genetic mistakes that create a person who is different, them being different is not the intention of their being, it doesn't value them less as a person but it is not a circumstance where an alien xenobiologist will scan the planet and split out a new gender group.

That is being reductionist, defining people by their reproductive capacity and tbh quite offensive. People contribute a lot more to society than how many babies they spit out.

I've never really understood why people are so obsessed with what others do to their bodies. What business is it of yours?

its free real estate

it's free real estate
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
People contribute a lot more to society than how many babies they spit out.
Most people don’t.

I've never really understood why people are so obsessed with what others do to their bodies. What business is it of yours?
If male-bodies people insert themselves into female spaces, then it is other people’s business.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
That is being reductionist, defining people by their reproductive capacity and tbh quite offensive. People contribute a lot more to society than how many babies they spit out.

You were talking about the the variation in nature and now you're diverting to a debate on value.

I said that a person being mentally unwell doesn't diminish their intrinsic human value, but it doesn't make a man a woman or vice versa.

its free real estate

it's free real estate
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
“Men aren’t going to start being women just to win sporting events, and even if they do it will be rare. Besides, there isn’t that much difference between men an women anyway”

1551471273030.png

1551471507671.jpeg

1551471567638.jpeg

1551471619377.jpeg

Lmao

TimmeT

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

(Log in to remove this ad.)

raskolnikov

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns

raskolnikov

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
You don't get to ask someone a question wearing cricket pads then deal with their response with a hockey stick.

Remove the police force and see how long before chaos and anarchy set in. I'd also be interested to see how many kids could be bothered to educate themselves without teachers. It was a troll reply and got the response it deserved.

Remove the police force and see how long before chaos and anarchy set in. I'd also be interested to see how many kids could be bothered to educate themselves without teachers. It was a troll reply and got the response it deserved.

The real measure of the value of those people in the professions is whether they would do it for less or no money, since performing a service to society for money is something many, many people do and without for example your bin collector there would be a similar collapse of social expectations.

Indulging your diversion a bit, it's important to note that on the whole police don't stop crimes occurring, they show up after most crimes have taken place. We can have a debate on the intrinsic morality of human kind compared to the fear of the higher power motivations of character but as per my previous comment, there actually isn't anything stopping you doing anything you want already - so why isn't everyone looting, raping, murdering?

Transgender people are mentally ill and although I firmly believe an adult should be allowed to do whatever they want with themselves to live their life as best as they see fit, I don't think this period will be looked back on with pride and I don't think children should be exposed to this world until they are adults.

What is the plan for the world records in the women's events that are held by biological men in the future?

TimmeT

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Whe ths has a direct effect on others then there is a right for others to comment on it and raise their concerns. Hence why people are commenting on the ability for transsexual athletes to compete in women's events

raskolnikov

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
The real measure of the value of those people in the professions is whether they would do it for less or no money, since performing a service to society for money is something many, many people do and without for example your bin collector there would be a similar collapse of social expectations.

Indulging your diversion a bit, it's important to note that on the whole police don't stop crimes occurring, they show up after most crimes have taken place. We can have a debate on the intrinsic morality of human kind compared to the fear of the higher power motivations of character but as per my previous comment, there actually isn't anything stopping you doing anything you want already - so why isn't everyone looting, raping, murdering?

Transgender people are mentally ill and although I firmly believe an adult should be allowed to do whatever they want with themselves to live their life as best as they see fit, I don't think this period will be looked back on with pride and I don't think children should be exposed to this world until they are adults.

What is the plan for the world records in the women's events that are held by biological men in the future?

It is irrelevant whether they are earning money for it or not. They are still performing a service for society. Money is a necessity.

Also, whether the police show up before, during or after the crime, the fact that someone who commits a crime knows that there is a good chance they are going to get caught is a major deterrent.

Even if we take your opinion that transgender people are mentally ill as fact? So what? There are a lot of disabilities and mental illnesses these days which society caters for. Why single transgender people out as any different?

Even if we take your opinion that transgender people are mentally ill as fact? So what? There are a lot of disabilities and mental illnesses these days which society caters for. Why single transgender people out as any different?
The reason why is because if you don't clap and cheer someone as being the gender they have decided they are then you're lumped with the bigots and the homophobes. There are people who are sure to their core that they are an amputee in a fully able body. These people are forced to drop their legs into dry ice baths to kill the limb and require an amputation to survive, doctors won't give these people an amputation as a procedure of convenience to help them live how they feel more aligns with their personal self image.

Those people are agreed to be mentally ill.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool

Ok mate

raskolnikov

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back