Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Please be aware that the tolerance of anti-trans language on BF is at an all-time low. Jokes and insults that are trans-related, as well as anti-trans and bigoted rhetoric will be met with infractions, threadbans etc as required. It's a sensitive (and important) topic, so behave like well-mannered adults when discussing it, PARTICULARLY when disagreeing. This equally applies across the whole site.

Last edited:

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
BBC made an educational video to show school kids ages 10-11.

It tells them that there are actually 100+ genders and it's not "male" it is "cis-male"

It's getting played in schools :drunk:

Here's an article about it https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9886252/bbc-schools-children-100-genders/

The title is: BBC films used in school teach children there are '100 genders or more' despite GPs only recognising six

This may sound a little whack, but do you think the letter people view it as some kind of achievement or moral victory to have more and more genders added to the tally? I mean there was 71 last time I checked, now it's over 100.

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
So when comes the push to do away with the concept of male or female all together? Just go with what you feel like in the morning. One day Agender, the next day Polygender.

Well threin lies the rub. If you divide us into ever decreasingly small identity groups, guess what we end up with?

Individuals.

Everyone is just treated as a person regardless of gender.

No more split toilets and change rooms. No more special categories in sport. I'm not sure the world is ready for that any time soon.

Jul 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons/Winnipeg Jets
Well threin lies the rub. If you divide us into ever decreasingly small identity groups, guess what we end up with?

Individuals.

Everyone is just treated as a person regardless of gender.

No more split toilets and change rooms. No more special categories in sport. I'm not sure the world is ready for that any time soon.
The only people who lose out here are women.

This may sound a little whack, but do you think the letter people view it as some kind of achievement or moral victory to have more and more genders added to the tally? I mean there was 71 last time I checked, now it's over 100.

It's an avenue for people feeling out of place, different and not fitting right to define themselves as something special, significant and unique. It used to be self diagnosed depression, anxiety.

It also allows personality traits that would potentially be seen as anti-social, rude, self centered etc into no longer being that person's fault or choice for exhibiting that, it's part of their biology and you're the jerk for not being sensitive to them being late, or heavy, or a bitch.

Hoops

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 30, 2004
Forever in contention
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Vixens
One thing that I can't get my head around is that if gender is a social construct (I don't believe it is BTW), then why do people feel the need to change their gender? Surely they would have moulded into the gender they were nurtured to be.

On the flip side if gender is innate then your brain must be wired a certain way meaning that there are neurological differences between the sexes.

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
One thing that I can't get my head around is that if gender is a social construct (I don't believe it is BTW), then why do people feel the need to change their gender? Surely they would have moulded into the gender they were nurtured to be.

On the flip side if gender is innate then your brain must be wired a certain way meaning that there are neurological differences between the sexes.

They think that gender is completely independent of one's biological sex.

And they believe they're in the wrong body, because their biological sex is not aligned with their "gender".

Hoops

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 30, 2004
Forever in contention
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Vixens
They think that gender is completely independent of one's biological sex.

And they believe they're in the wrong body, because their biological sex is not aligned with their "gender".
That's my point, what makes them think they are in the wrong body if gender is a social construct? Unless of course they were raised the opposite of their biological sex. But from what I gather the majority of transgender people are raised according to their biological sex or are in a neutral environment at worst.

Why is biological gender being redefined by sexuality and fetishism?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

The individual in society, a world wide society, is looking for meaning with a filter of significance applied first. You're special. Go find out why.

You will come up short as everything you will encounter from other inward looking people further validates your fear that you're no different than anyone else, or worse, you're lesser.

So the need must be satitated and we turn to immediate pleasures and distractions. Don't fill my heart, fill my body with yours. Don't let me discover beauty, put drugs in me to escape the world around me that I have relegated to mundane because my expectations were set too high.

I am so dissatisfied with life that I need to be mediated with drugs, penis and shallow validation for the least of me. The least you can do is not make me feel even more bad, or shame, about it. Make my vice, my coaping mechanism, acceptable to avoid dealing with the cold reality that I stepped out into the world with unrealistic expectations, with a less than perfect body and as my young drips off me I become less and less attractive to others seeking immediate relief from their own version of this world.

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
That's my point, what makes them think they are in the wrong body if gender is a social construct? Unless of course they were raised the opposite of their biological sex. But from what I gather the majority of transgender people are raised according to their biological sex or are in a neutral environment at worst.

They think that the "male gender" and "female gender" are social constructs, because really gender is some magical fairy tale thing that doesn't conform to a rigidly defined archetype of "male" and "female" (as evidenced by the fact that there's now supposedly 100+ recognized genders).

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
They think that the "male gender" and "female gender" are social constructs, because really gender is some magical fairy tale thing that doesn't conform to a rigidly defined archetype of "male" and "female" (as evidenced by the fact that there's now supposedly 100+ recognized genders).

There is a distinction amongst trans people between those who believe in binary gender and those who don't.

The binary people tend to stress stereotypical male or female characteristics that can be adhered to regardless of biological sex, such as hairstyle and dress.

The non-binary crowd live in some imaginary post-modern world where gender is completely divorced from biological sex determination. Gender can literally be anything. Something that can mean anything is meaningless.

These are just the theoretical problems before you get into the practical issues such as biologoal men being allowed into women's toilets, prisons and sports teams.

Sharklar

Draftee
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Am I a bad person because I'm transgender? Because reading parts of the many threads it seems there is something wrong with me in your eyes.

Am I a bad person because I'm transgender? Because reading parts of the many threads it seems there is something wrong with me in your eyes.
Your value is 1, a whole 1, just as everyone else's is.

There is definitely something a-tyical about you though.

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The conversation isnt about transgender , it's about the stupidity in trying to redefine gender.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Mar 25, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong

Beautifully said, radical/far left ideology is full of these contradictory idiotic stances. They spew so much sh*t at such a rapid rate that often times they can't keep up and struggle to come up with some consistent semi coherent logic to their belief system. Not that radical right wingers are much better but at least they are, with some exceptions, generally honest in that they don't pretend or appoint themselves to be arbiters/gatekeepers of righteousness and openly admit that their values are mostly rooted in the belief that 'whites'/Europeans and their culture is superior in any possible scenario/context to some other culture. On some level I can appreciate that honesty as opposed to the deluded selective hypocritical self-serving nature of far left wing nutters.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Surely there is a limit to potential identifying genders:
Male
female
^including traditional trans
Intersex (maybe a few depending on severity)
Non-binary/trans*/gender fluid/queer/non-conforming
No gender

That's 5 broad categories at most. I can't imagine there is anything else implementable/credible/medical or needing separate consideration when talking the human creature.

Deadpool

All Australian
Jun 3, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
There are two genders.

Anything else IMO is a mental health issue as for as I am concerned, not that I would stigmatise those with mental health issues, nor am I suggesting they be treated unfavorably. But come on, there is a clear link between the rise of mental health issues in the community and the rise of transgenderism.

Sorry if I offend anyone, but freedom of speech, etc.

There are two genders.

Anything else IMO is a mental health issue as for as I am concerned, not that I would stigmatise those with mental health issues, nor am I suggesting they be treated unfavorably. But come on, there is a clear link between the rise of mental health issues in the community and the rise of transgenderism.

Sorry if I offend anyone, but freedom of speech, etc.
The WHO disagrees with you.

Deadpool

All Australian
Jun 3, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yawn. The WHO is a product of its times and people, much like anything else. It can be just a loony lefty as much university "research" is for example.

The fact that it caves to far left extremism is nothing new.

Demontim275

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yawn. The WHO is a product of its times and people, much like anything else. It can be just a loony lefty as much university "research" is for example.

The fact that it caves to far left extremism is nothing new.
You heard it here first. The WHO and research are loony lefty extremists.

Gough im sure you can answer. Are the last two pages similar arguments to those from when you first came out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back