Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Please be aware that the tolerance of anti-trans language on BF is at an all-time low. Jokes and insults that are trans-related, as well as anti-trans and bigoted rhetoric will be met with infractions, threadbans etc as required. It's a sensitive (and important) topic, so behave like well-mannered adults when discussing it, PARTICULARLY when disagreeing. This equally applies across the whole site.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Where do I find these politicians?
Edit, just out of interest, have you ever met anyone that is trans?

A friend's daughter at the age of 12 declared that she was now a boy. Dressed as a boy, used boy's toilets, etc. Had a lot of work with psychologists with her and her family on how to help her and make her feel. Didnt go through hormone replacement or any other chemical therapies but did want to be called by her new name.

About 6 months ago she spent a month identifying as a cat. Would only want to drink milk, only read books about cats, etc.

In the last week or so without talking about it she has started wearing dresses and makeup and no longer wears any of her boys clothes.

A very troubled child who hopefully continues to get mental health care.

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
A friend's daughter at the age of 12 declared that she was now a boy. Dressed as a boy, used boy's toilets, etc. Had a lot of work with psychologists with her and her family on how to help her and make her feel. Didnt go through hormone replacement or any other chemical therapies but did want to be called by her new name.

About 6 months ago she spent a month identifying as a cat. Would only want to drink milk, only read books about cats, etc.

In the last week or so without talking about it she has started wearing dresses and makeup and no longer wears any of her boys clothes.

A very troubled child who hopefully continues to get mental health care.
Clearly a troubled child, but a trans adult, have you met any and discussed it with them?
Children are and should be treated differently and I’d suggest most do.
What are your real concerns?

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Clearly a troubled child, but a trans adult, have you met any and discussed it with them?
Children are and should be treated differently and I’d suggest most do.
What are your real concerns?

My concern is that mental health issues may not be treated appropriately now that we are being told its no longer a mental health disorder.

chelseacarlton

Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
My concern is that mental health issues may not be treated appropriately now that we are being told its no longer a mental health disorder.
In most adult cases it is not a mental health disorder, have you talked to a trans adult?

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
In most adult cases it is not a mental health disorder, have you talked to a trans adult?

Have you talked to most trans adults?

I know people who have mental health problems who claim they dont. Does chatting to them make them no longer unwell?

How many trans adults do I need to speak to? What will be the next requirement on your list?

chelseacarlton

Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
Have you talked to most trans adults?

I know people who have mental health problems who claim they dont. Does chatting to them make them no longer unwell?

How many trans adults do I need to speak to? What will be the next requirement on your list?
You’re the one making claims that gender dysphoria is merely a “mental disorder”, are you a clinical psychologist or psychiatrist, any degrees in these areas or other medical education?
On what grounds are you making these unfounded claims from?
Your hurty feel feels?

Noidenous

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2012
Climbing out your mum's window
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Manchester UTD
You’re the one making claims that gender dysphoria is merely a “mental disorder”, are you a clinical psychologist or psychiatrist, any degrees in these areas or other medical education?
Your hurty feel feels?
Oh look, it's the routine again.

If it's not a mental disorder, you must be claiming it's evolutionarily biological. Now that I want to see proof of.

chelseacarlton

Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
Oh look, it's the routine again.

If it's not a mental disorder, you must be claiming it's evolutionarily biological. Now that I want to see proof of.
Lol
What routine, asking people that make claims of fact for evidence?
That’s how debate works, you’re a pigeon chess player, I don’t have time for your types, that and I find you utterly boring and demonstrably humourless.👍

Noidenous

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Lol
What routine, asking people that make claims of fact for evidence?
That’s how debate works, you’re a pigeon chess player, I don’t have time for your types, that and I find you utterly boring and demonstrably humourless.👍
So you don't have any proof that the solid field of evolutionary biology has supported your claim?

Seems to me you are making a faith argument. How's that for a sky-daddy?

Last edited:

chelseacarlton

Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
So you don't have any proof that the solid field of evolutionary biology has supported your claim?

Seems to me you are making a faith argument. How's that for a sky-daddy?
Strawman, I never made that claim, and you misrepresented the word “evolutionarily”, which in most cases represents little to no change, or variants etc.
See, as I said, disingenuous, disinterested in progression and unworthy of my time.
I’m going for a walk along the beach after Barty brushes this girl aside.👍

Noidenous

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Strawman, I never made that claim, and you misrepresented the word “evolutionarily”, which in most cases represents little to no change, or variants etc.
See, as I said, disingenuous, disinterested in progression and unworthy of my time.
I’m going for a walk along the beach after Barty brushes this girl aside.👍
Looks to me like you can't live up to your own 'standards' and have subscribed to the trans religion.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Your hurty feel feels?

Im not claiming. The medical industry for decades claimed it. Then a couple of years ago WHO said "oh wait, no its not".

chelseacarlton

Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
Im not claiming. The medical industry for decades claimed it. Then a couple of years ago WHO said "oh wait, no its not".
Our views change as we study more information, who woulda thunk it?

chelseacarlton

Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
Looks to me like you can't live up to your own 'standards' and have subscribed to the trans religion.
You’re an idiot.
I have made no ******* claims, what relevant evidence would be required when the person makes no claims.
I’ve only refuted your lack of evidence off countless claims.
Jezus on a stick

chelseacarlton

Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
Did the views of psychiatrists change? Or did the views of the bureaucrats in WHO change?

Do psychiatrists no longer treat transgender people for gender dysphoria? The WHO proclamation made it all go away?
****ed if I know or really care to be honest, you’re the one getting ya knickers in a knot because Bob wants to be called Sheryl.
The thing I do know is that gender dysphoria appears to be as old as Homo sapiens or shortly after.
It’s well documented in many ancient cultures.

Noidenous

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
f’ed if I know or really care to be honest, you’re the one getting ya knickers in a knot because Bob wants to be called Sheryl.
The thing I do know is that gender dysphoria appears to be as old as Homo sapiens or shortly after.
It’s well documented in many ancient cultures.
So gender dysphoria is an empirical thing and not a social construct?

chelseacarlton

Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
Well that is the underlying argument, is it not?
I believe the thread title is Transgender, your argument is void of fact and evidence, whatever the * your bigoted views represent, I’m really not interested anymore.
Same s**t women, gay/lesbian folk, disabled, immigrants etc had to go through with religious inspired campaigner white people!🖕

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back