Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Please be aware that the tolerance of anti-trans language on BF is at an all-time low. Jokes and insults that are trans-related, as well as anti-trans and bigoted rhetoric will be met with infractions, threadbans etc as required. It's a sensitive (and important) topic, so behave like well-mannered adults when discussing it, PARTICULARLY when disagreeing. This equally applies across the whole site.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Is it transphobic if lesbians don't want to have sex with women who have penises?

Nah. The individual's power of consent/bodily autonomy is the legal be all and end all and that's how it should stay in my opinion. Sex by coercion is pretty much rape. People might have kinky 'rape fetishes' where the non-consensual bit is strictly pretend but I can't see any kind of scenario where actual coercive rape is a good thing.

Even in the name of inclusion.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Is it transphobic if lesbians don't want to have sex with women who have penises?

Wowsers, was an interesting read. Would I be out of line to suggest issues of consent are as big, if not bigger in the LGBT community as elsewhere? These mentions of being pressured into sex (with people they are not in a relationship with or interested in sexually) seem pretty alarming?

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
What do you mean?
The demands are excessive.

It's not "transphobic" if lesbians don't want to sleep with women who have penises. Nor is it "transphobic" if straight men don't want to sleep with women who have penises.

Consider how far the definition of that word needs to be expanded for that claim to be made.

The demands are excessive.

It's not "transphobic" if lesbians don't want to sleep with women who have penises. Nor is it "transphobic" if straight men don't want to sleep with women who have penises.

Consider how far the definition of that word needs to be expanded for that claim to be made.
Who made that claim? Haven't looked at this thread in a while.

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
That's not the point in dispute.

I think this quote from the article says everything that needs to be said, really.

_119631391_tweetblurred.jpg

Consent lies with the individual, and we all as individuals can exercise our permissions (sexual permissions, in this case) exactly as we see fit. It doesn't matter if someone gets their back up about rejection - the individual's right of consent overrules everything else and this is as it should be.

Let people date who they want to date. F*ck who they want to f*ck. That's it. That's the whole of the law.

biggiemediums

Norm Smith Medallist
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 20, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Article hits close to home. I rejected a transexual once and got wildly abused by her and her friends and called transphobic. No, I'm just not attracted to penis' or masculine jaw lines... why isn't that okay? We all have preference. Some of these activists go way too far.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
I think this quote from the article says everything that needs to be said, really.

_119631391_tweetblurred.jpg

Consent lies with the individual, and we all as individuals can exercise our permissions (sexual permissions, in this case) exactly as we see fit. It doesn't matter if someone gets their back up about rejection - the individual's right of consent overrules everything else and this is as it should be.

Let people date who they want to date. F*ck who they want to f*ck. That's it. That's the whole of the law.
Again, that's not the point in dispute.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Did you see the statement from Stonewall?

Its an interesting quote. If you're a straight male and refuse to date a woman with a penis then you are as bad a racist person who refuses to date someone of particular colour.

I guess that is a pretty easy way to be a victim and claim 90+% of the world is transphobic therefore *stuff* must be done about it.

I do wonder how many people actually believe this and how many say it because to say anything else will see you labelled a transphobe as well. Because really, its pretty ******* stupid.

Wowsers, was an interesting read. Would I be out of line to suggest issues of consent are as big, if not bigger in the LGBT community as elsewhere? These mentions of being pressured into sex (with people they are not in a relationship with or interested in sexually) seem pretty alarming?
This sort of thing isn't exclusive to any one group though. It sounds like some individuals using something new to pressure others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back