Transgender

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that the tolerance of anti-trans language on BF is at an all-time low. Jokes and insults that are trans-related, as well as anti-trans and bigoted rhetoric will be met with infractions, threadbans etc as required. It's a sensitive (and important) topic, so behave like well-mannered adults when discussing it, PARTICULARLY when disagreeing. This equally applies across the whole site.

Last edited:
It’s an all boys school. And they are letting a female study there. How does that not confuse you?
Did you see that all girls school that let a boy study there.

1-337-1140x800.jpg

All boys schools shouldn't exist anyway but that's a whole other issue
As a teacher who has taught in co-ed, all girls and all boys schools over my career I can confidently state that there are benefits in having both learning environments (co-ed & single sex) available for students.

Last edited:

What Bollocks.
Gough is spot on. Morrison and Deves started this crap because they need to attack a minority to get some extra votes and it set off a s**t fight between those that are sensitive to the LGBTIQ communities and the knuckldraggers but by far, by far the worst thing about this "issue", is that where those that are sensitive and supportive of the LGBTIQ community, are engage in fisty cuffs as well over an issue which is just plain common sense!

It is a Trojan horse and people have just fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

Gough is spot on. Morrison and Deves started this crap because they need to attack a minority to get some extra votes and it set off a s**t fight between those that are sensitive to the LGBTIQ communities and the knuckldraggers but by far, by far the worst thing about this "issue", is that where those that are sensitive and supportive of the LGBTIQ community, are engage in fisty cuffs as well over an issue which is just plain common sense!

It is a Trojan horse and people have just fallen for it hook, line and sinker.
Yeh nah. You haven't been on the front line of the gender wars. Go visit a university.... Censorship, curtailment of academic freedom, real George Orwell type stuff going on.

Selectively quoting to make s**t up again I see.

Cmon mate, you're literally trying to equate me with a fascist.

If you want to be taken seriously, probably make an effort to be somewhat reasonable with your replies.

Do you honestly think either I or Malifice are on the same planet as people literally wanting to kill trans people? If not, probably stop trying to use those things in your replies to avoid discussing anything.

You understand that the people there have elected the government who makes these decisions?

I think it stinks but you can't say democracy is "a problem" simply because it is delivering outcomes you disagree with.

The Supreme Court isn't elected.

They're appointed, for life.

They're in no way accountable to the electorate.

As a teacher who has taught in co-ed, all girls and all boys schools over my career I can confidently state that there are benefits in having both learning environments (co-ed & single sex) available for students.

I'm not sure about girls but I feel boys benefit from a same sex school. I think when girls are around boys tend to become a bit more competitive, if it's just boys they can probably learn a bit better and make better friendships.

(Just a theory, I'm sure there are actual studies done on this)

I also do find it telling that all the people supposedly just worried about women's safety have nothing to say about the Ohio legislation but the minute Matt the bigot Walsh gets some bad reviews on his shitty gender crit movie the thread heats up again
Do you realise equal and opposite bad-faith arguments can be made against pro-trans people? “If you care so much about women’s rights why do you wanna let men into their bathrooms and kick their arse in sports”

I'm not sure about girls but I feel boys benefit from a same sex school. I think when girls are around boys tend to become a bit more competitive, if it's just boys they can probably learn a bit better and make better friendships.

Without derailing the thread too much (as it really is a completely separate discussion) there are definitely the social benefits in co-ed (although I would argue that the majority of social skill building done at school can be so easily lost if the home dynamic doesn't share the values being taught). However, GENERALLY speaking, males and females have different approaches to learning. I could easily have an 80min theory lesson with an all female class with the majority of the class maintaining their focus on the topic. Doing that in an all male class is a recipe for a rubbish lesson and, instead, you would plan to break up the content delivery with regular activities. You'll find that most all male schools will have a timetable filled with a greater number of shorter periods during the day compared to all female schools.

However, getting back on topic, that post re: Melbourne Grammar. That student will likely have their main support network at the school in their friendship group and some key teachers/support staff who were involved in the student feeling confident enough to make their situation public. To then kick them out would be a disastrous result and anyone suggesting this does not understand the importance a school community plays in youth wellbeing. FYI, Melbourne Grammar is not the first single sex school where this has occurred, and they won't be the last. This does not mean they would then open their doors to female enrolments, they are just supporting a student who is currently enrolled at the school.

Do you realise equal and opposite bad-faith arguments can be made against pro-trans people? “If you care so much about women’s rights why do you wanna let men into their bathrooms and kick their arse in sports”
Well I know where you stand on this topic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s an all boys school. And they are letting a female study there. How does that not confuse you?
Maybe they don't want to disrupt the education of a student? They are willing to be flexible to accommodate their needs?

It's paywalled so I only see "identifies as a female" - anything about transitioning?

Did you see that all girls school that let a boy study there.

1-337-1140x800.jpg
not as many Derry Girls fans in here as you thought there would be it seems

Dude I'm less than two pages in and yikes
Yeh I know haha. It's basically saying 'gender critical views' are absolutely philosophically and ethical legit. It is just viewing the world through a different conceptual scheme. Trans activists who decry gender critical views as transphobic are stifling legit academic debate

Yeh I know haha. It's basically saying 'gender critical views' are absolutely philosophically and ethical legit. It is just viewing the world through a different conceptual scheme. Trans activists who decry gender critical views as transphobic are stifling legit academic debate
the list of silenced academics has a lot of not silenced academics who have books out.....

they tried really hard to be like trans people are valid and their rights aren't under attack,then the big but came in

As a boy who went to a same sex boy school we do not benefit from being at a boy school. It was a form of prison. I felt like a key part of my teenage years was missing.

Last edited:
the list of silenced academics has a lot of not silenced academics who have books out.....

they tried really hard to be like trans people are valid and their rights aren't under attack,then the big but came in
The irony of trans activism is that it advocates for a non-binary understanding of sex with arguments of 'you are either with us 100% or you are a trans phobe' - nice binary logic there.

With us or against us school yard type logic. It's a shame

The irony of trans activism is that it advocates for a non-binary understanding of sex with arguments of 'you are either with us 100% or you are a trans phobe' - nice binary logic there.

With us or against us school yard type logic. It's a shame
The irony is the trans activists get blamed for the fact that trans people are being targeted for elimination and they fight back

The people that want governments to legislate against trans people are happy to compromise and debate their way to the end goal, they don't care how many steps it takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back