Media Transparency in BEEZ Voting.

Should the BEEZ votes be made public?

• Total voters
So Barry, you decided to change the criteria behind the voting system did you ?

This was the official guidelines: ....the keyword is "engagement" ....that's two way engagement

Engagement comes in more forms than spamming the board with gifs

"As someone who has been nominated by your committee representative as someone who has been actively engaged in various aspects of the league on a consistent basis over the course of this season. You have been given the opportunity to vote on the MVP award for Season 26 to determine who has been the best posting contributor to the Sweet FA forum.

The process is simple:
  • list in this PM 20 posters whom in your opinion to be the best posters to the Sweet FA - Ranked 1st to 20th (1st will be allocated 40 votes, 2nd = 37 votes, 3rd = 35 votes ... until 20th = 1 vote).
  • For clarity this list should be who you objectively believe to be the best contributors to the Sweet FA for Season 26, not simply a list of who you 'like' the most, it's not a popularity contest.
  • For this season we are not taking self votes.
"

Now if the voting parameters change to those that "contribute" to the league then maybe some lists might change

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
"As someone who has been nominated by your committee representative as someone who has been actively engaged in various aspects of the league on a consistent basis over the course of this season. You have been given the opportunity to vote on the MVP award for Season 26 to determine who has been the best posting contributor to the Sweet FA forum.

The process is simple:
  • list in this PM 20 posters whom in your opinion to be the best posters to the Sweet FA - Ranked 1st to 20th (1st will be allocated 40 votes, 2nd = 37 votes, 3rd = 35 votes ... until 20th = 1 vote).
  • For clarity this list should be who you objectively believe to be the best contributors to the Sweet FA for Season 26, not simply a list of who you 'like' the most, it's not a popularity contest.
"

Now if the voting parameters change to those that "contribute" to the league then maybe some lists might change
That's fairly likely

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide

The process is simple:
"

Thanks ....I should have said Posting Engagement, but you've clarified my point to Barrybran

Nov 9, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
🐍🏆Ophidian Old Boys🏆🐍 and Mizzou

The process is simple:
"

If only people read that properly, I could have come 19th

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
I think I'll pimp out my votes for next seasons medal. Might turn it in to a game.

Make it a media piece for next season. Each week people via for a spot on your Beez list, then a last minute/finals theme where the places are decided in order from 1 to 20......

Make it a media piece for next season. Each week people via for a spot on your Beez list, then a last minute/finals theme where the places are decided in order from 1 to 20......
Sounds like a plan. Might call it Who wants to be a beez medallist?

The process is simple:
"

Good post, and it highlights one important point - we all differ on what we consider "good posting"

That's cool though, because if it was narrower we would exclude some potential valued contributors to the league

Only change I would possibly make is opening up the voter base, so as to ensure the sampling is genuinely representative (rather than relying on capts to do this). Something like anyone who posted in 12 games gets a vote

Good post, and it highlights one important point - we all differ on what we consider "good posting"

That's cool though, because if it was narrower we would exclude some potential valued contributors to the league

Only change I would possibly make is opening up the voter base, so as to ensure the sampling is genuinely representative (rather than relying on capts to do this). Something like anyone who posted in 12 games gets a vote
Voting was open to everyone a few seasons ago, and tbh I preferred it that way.

It's not only the captains who vote. The captain from each club gets to nominate 5 players from their club to vote. 12 teams of 5 voters means 60 different points of view. Given most teams don't have too many more than 5 fully "immersed" players I think it is a reasonable cross section. But hey, I'm a not so humble fisherman and it's only my opinion.

It's not only the captains who vote. The captain from each club gets to nominate 5 players from their club to vote. 12 teams of 5 voters means 60 different points of view. Given most teams don't have too many more than 5 fully "immersed" players I think it is a reasonable cross section. But hey, I'm a not so humble fisherman and it's only my opinion.

I know, I was one of the furies five

Reality is the criteria each capt uses to pick their five will differ, and may skew the sample pool from being genuinely representative of the total SFA population

Esp if the captain is a s**t truck like NaturalDisaster !!!!

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
I know, I was one of the furies five

Reality is the criteria each capt uses to pick their five will differ, and may skew the sample pool from being genuinely representative of the total SFA population

Esp if the captain is a s**t truck like NaturalDisaster !!!!

You make a good point.

I should never have picked you.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
I would be wary of making it everyone as that will obviously skew the votes towards older and more experienced players. I like the 12 thread suggestion.

I would be wary of making it everyone as that will obviously skew the votes towards older and more experienced players. I like the 12 thread suggestion.
It worked last time.

Back