Toast Trav Varcoe retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Loved the way you went about it, Trav. All heart and courage. Good luck and best wishes as you enter the post footy phase of your life. I hope you maintain some connection with our club.

I'll miss him. Game went past him, as it does all, but he served us well for years. Almost entirely forgiven for 2011!

That 2018 run was incredible from him. To do what he did under such shite circumstances was very admirable. I hope he joins Wells in the indigenous community programs

Well done Trav. Been a real goer and a much loved figure at both the Cats and the Pies. Class always shows and you've had it in bucketloads. Enjoy retirement and hopefully you'll get to work in indigenous pathways for the AFL or Pies like you wanted to.

I wish Trav nothing but the best in retirement. A true champion at the Cats showing that hard running off the ball when you are spent was real courage - hard at it, great skills and just about best on ground in the last quarter of 2 winning grand finals. Good on you Travis, and a great time at the Pies as well. Great respect to the Pies for getting him - he seemed really happy with you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations on a great career to a tough, skilful player who got every bit out of his talent and hard work. Rapt that you were able to continue and contribute so much at Collingwood. Can only imagine your frustration at having to put up with the racist bullshit that keeps cropping up and diminishing our club. Best of luck for the future and I hope you shirtfront whatever role you want to take up right down the middle.

Congrats on a great career Trav, we got some good years out of him and was always great to watch when up and flying.

All the best in retirement!

Good luck to him in whatever he does going forward. Was a great addition to our squad, won the hearts and souls of we supporters.

Disappointed he only managed 92 games at the club, largely due to a couple of injury interrupted seasons.

Excellent career Varcs, you will be missed by the Collingwood faithful, timing is right, enjoy retirement, loved what you brought to the Club.

Had some special moments and walks out with his head held high.

Only regret for me, didn't get to 100 games in black and white.

One of the best front and square players youll ever see in his prime. Used to give me nightmares when played for Geelong.
His tackle on Shuey is one of the best tackles Ive ever seen. Ill show that to my grand children.
His 2018 finals series was inspiration and the first goal of the GF will always get me up and about.

Well done trav on a great career...2 flags to your name...not many players can say that...you where an absolute warrior bud,all the best to you and your family.

What a great career, topped off with two flags at the Cats. Fast, skilled and brave, literally his only weakness was injuries.

We saw so much great footy from him, and that was despite the pain.

I liked watching him play but I don’t think we got the best out of him. Overall the was too unselfish, happy to do the unrewarded running and chasing. Happy donto get the ball and pass of off the responsibility to someone else. Some with his speed and skills should have been demanding more handball receives and taking the game on more.

Will miss his run down tackles.

All the best in retirement Trav, thanks for the memories in black and white! A great career, just a shame we didn't get over the line in 2018

To Travis and his family, all the best for the future.
Had a brilliant career here and the cats, unlucky not to be a three time premiership player. A team first player, great person, best wishes to you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back