Travel Destination of the Week – Broome, Western Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Broome, Western Australia

This excerpt is from a Travel Brochure but enough to make me want to go and have a holiday there…

“Set between a vast red desert and azure blue sea, alongside a pure white beach lies the charismatic town of Broome. Located at the Southern gateway to the Kimberley, one of the last great-unexplored wilderness areas on earth, Broome is a small town where the bush meets the sea. Broome is situated on the North West coast of Western Australia”

But this next excerpt has made my mind up to go and check this place out…

“Stroll on the world famous twenty two kilometres of pristine white sand that is Cable Beach, swim in the clear waters of the Indian Ocean and at the end of the day, take in another glorious sunset.”

Have any of you been to Broome?

Next week....Somewhere in Italy...

Yeh been a couple of times.........is great.

But dont go there thinking you are gunna get the 'whole Kimberley experience' in just one little town.

Cable Beach is just beautiful. Enuogh said.

Stayed at Cable Beach Resort .........wouldnt stay anywhere else. Very nice.

Great fishing.........either of the beach, pier or up the inlets. But best bet is to get a charter. Some great ones to choose from & can honestly expect some great action.

Town atttracts heaps of backpackers.........some very tacky touristy-type souvenir shops/markets about the town.

Worth looking at Sun Picture Theatre & also the many pearl shops around town............leave the credit card back at your motel though.

Lots to see & do around the town itself for about a week or so........camel rides, sunset cruises etc etc.

But really visitors should view the town of Broome as a gateway to the Kimberley region IMO.

Hire a Four wheel drive camper & head up to Cape Leveque...........sheer beauty.........then head to Derby.........do the Gibb River Road track...........absolutely fantastic camp sites, swimming holes, etc.........take in El Questro for a few days..........Kunnanurra.........Ord River..........Argyle Mines etc.........head to Darwin from there.

Is a fantastic trip i can promise you that. :thumbsu:

Aquamarinejewel said:
Broome, Western Australia

This excerpt is from a Travel Brochure but enough to make me want to go and have a holiday there…

“Set between a vast red desert and azure blue sea, alongside a pure white beach lies the charismatic town of Broome. Located at the Southern gateway to the Kimberley, one of the last great-unexplored wilderness areas on earth, Broome is a small town where the bush meets the sea. Broome is situated on the North West coast of Western Australia”

But this next excerpt has made my mind up to go and check this place out…

“Stroll on the world famous twenty two kilometres of pristine white sand that is Cable Beach, swim in the clear waters of the Indian Ocean and at the end of the day, take in another glorious sunset.”

Have any of you been to Broome?

Next week....Somewhere in Italy...

Broome is where i'm dying to go in OZ... sounds phenomenal :)

Been there numerous times. A lovely place to visit. Cable Beach is superb.
If you are after pearls, you cant go any further than Broome. They have numerous stores in the town that sell fresh water pearls in many settings.

Lots of lovely pubs to have a meal or to catch up for a drink.

Argyle is worth the trip from Broome. A beautiful resort set in the middle of the world famous Argyle diamond mines. You can take a tour through the mines to see how they cut the diamonds. The pink ones will make you drawl.

If you are driving up to Broome, go via Monkey Mia and have a swim with the dolphins. It is definately a must see area. The people are very friendly and love to have tourists ask questions about the dolphins.

Enjoy your time there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back