Travel Destination of the Week – Salzburg, Austria

Remove this Banner Ad

Each week I will choose a different destination to write about.

Next Week: A place in Australia

Salzburg - Austria

A very beautiful city and also in major celebration mode this year honouring the 250th Anniversary of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart who was one of the greatest composers of all time and also born in Salzburg.

This city is dominated by churches, palaces and castles all possessing their own character and charm about them. Music is everywhere here, countless music festivals throughout the year you can softly hear the music filtering through the streets. The Old City is very picturesque and looks like something straight out of a fairytale. After visiting Salzburg, it is one of those places you never forget and will always have fond memores of.

Had an Austrian exchange student who stayed with us for a few months that came from Salzburg and commented on how beautiful it was.

Would like to go and visit Austria next time im in the area, especially like to go skiing :thumbsu:

-Mav

I have been to Vienna but never got to Slazburg. Pity as I have heard good things about it.

hawkeye23 said:
Would love to see it and decide whether it's as beautiful as it looks on "The Sound of Music"..... one Powerball...........

That was one of the reasons why I wanted to go there and let me tell you, it was everything I expected plus more, visited quite a few of the locations where the movie was filmed....Mirabell Palace and Gardens was one that stood out, that is where the "Do Re Mi" song was sung, where Maria and the children were dancing around the fountain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back