chargers 09

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
A shithole
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Baltimore Ravens
What are some of the best destinations to travel within Australia?
I haven't done much of Australia so keen to hear some opinions on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess it depends on what you enjoy. City? Country? Beach?
Camping or 5 star hotel or apartment?

Relax? Adventure? Family friendly? Cultural?

Road trip? Coach trip? Fly where possible?

Can you be a little more specific please?

I guess it depends on what you enjoy. City? Country? Beach?
Camping or 5 star hotel or apartment?

Relax? Adventure? Family friendly? Cultural?

Road trip? Coach trip? Fly where possible?

Can you be a little more specific please?

Was just starting a general topic to be honest so people can post some of their experiences.
Perhaps you could share?

have had a pretty good look all over australia bar the top end of western australia. IMO the most enjoyable was tasmania. did a fly drive 14 day holiday in 2011 with another couple, absolutely loved it.

scenery, fantastic food, great friendly locals, bush walks, day tours eg. steam train/jet boat/franklin river cruise/port arthur. also some great little towns along the way.

Ive done alot of Australia, here are some of my favourites

* Loch Ard Gorge and surrounding area near Port Campbell

* Hervey bay which is in the NSW coast but is actually considered to be in the ACT

* Katherine Gorge up in NT, amazing scenery in the desert

* Great barrier reef, everyone needs to go here at least once. The most amazing place i have been in the world

* Ayres Rock, just the size of the thing in a very flat area is amazing

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

isn't Hervey Bay in QLD? i passed through there over 10 years ago
Your right.

Sorry i meant Jervis bay

What was great about Jerbis Bay?

Just a super scenic, quiet beach.

Plus when i was there a school of about 20-30 dolphins swam right up to us and played around for half an hour or so. Great memories

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can second Jervis Bay. I have only been there once but it was beautiful, hopefully go down there again seeing as it's quite close by

I only visited Tasmania very briefly as a kid so I think I'm due for another visit soon

Ok good for thought.

Tasmania is awesome. If travelling with the misses it's brilliant. Wine Glass Bay is fantastic and Cradle Mountain is great.

The Great Barrier Reef is one of the best things I've seen and I've been lucky enough to have travelled around a bit. If you've snorkeled before and enjoyed it, the Reef is a must. It's bloody awesome.

The whole region around Uluru is terrific. Kings Canyon is a great place to head and almost as impressive as the rock itself.

If you're a camper, Victoria has the best spots, amazing little places everywhere. Howqua Hills are a personal favourite.

It's expensive though. A 5 weeks trip around Oz cost me about as much as a 2 month trip to the states. Food and accommodation, Cars and attraction costs are far greater here. Worth checking out the backyard though, it's an amazing place.

have had a pretty good look all over australia bar the top end of western australia.

Same. I've been all around Australia except the coast of northern WA. I'm hoping to get there one day.

My highlight for each state/territory would be:
NT - Katherine Gorge and Mataranka
Qld - Cairns and the Atherton Tablelands
Tas - Strahan
SA - Victor Harbour and the Barrossa Valley
NSW - the Blue Mountains
Vic - Inverloch
WA - Rottnest Island

The Eyre Peninsula (Streaky Bay, Port Lincoln) in SA has some great places to check out.

Cairns and Port Douglas are beautiful. Great Barrier Reef and the Daintree Rainforest are must sees especially with the way the Reef is going :(

Same. I've been all around Australia except the coast of northern WA. I'm hoping to get there one day.

My highlight for each state/territory would be:
NT - Katherine Gorge and Mataranka
Qld - Cairns and the Atherton Tablelands
Tas - Strahan
SA - Victor Harbour and the Barrossa Valley
NSW - the Blue Mountains
Vic - Inverloch
WA - Rottnest Island
we agree on Tassy and WA:thumbsu:. also during my single days i stayed at Scarborough beach hotel for a week or so on a great holiday with a mate in the very early 80s, fantastic memories.

NT- Kakadu, was there last year, brilliant stuff.
Qld- lived in SE qld for 80% of my adult life and as a child in Cairns. really love the gold coast and sunshine coast hinterlands.
NSW- north coast eg. Hastings Point, Pottsville and some parts of Byron Bay.
VIC- love the vibe of Melbourne, favourite capital city.
SA- have not spent much time there and it was 30 odd years ago, went there for a cricket test match and was slightly inebriated most of the time IIRC the night life seemed pretty good through beer goggles.

Tullamarine airport. Australia is the worst.

just expensive as all ****

but still a lot of beautiful natural points of interest to see if you can afford it

for most young Aussies, they want to get off the island and see more interesting stuff elsewhere, then perhaps appreciate the wonderful things in their own backyard later on in life

Have enjoyed Adelaide hills/Barrosa a lot, if you like wine and also good food it is good. Also close enough to Adelaide itself, McLaren Vale and although I haven't been didn't seem far from Clare Valley. Few good brewery's too, stayed in Hahndorf which was a German town.

We have everything take your pick.

Uluru, Kakadu National Park for wildlife/desert.

Islands and tropical Whitsundays.

Beach - Anywhere in Queenland below the Tropic of Capricorn.

Bush - Grampians, Falls Creek, Thredbo.

Wine and Fishing - NSW South Coast WA SW Coast.

Culture and iconic events - Melbourne

World City - Sydney

Adventure and cooler climate, Flyfishing - Tassie.

Just very spread out and expensive. You are literally cheaper going O/seas.

Just very spread out and expensive. You are literally cheaper going O/seas.

Some friends want me to do the Ghan with them next Easter. A four day weekend is going to cost me more than the 2 weeks in Eastern Europe that I'm on at the moment if I do.

Just came back from camping up at Uluru
Amazing place
When taking the walk around the base I soon realised there is so much more to it than a big rock
The waterhole areas in particular were beautiful

Remove this Banner Ad

Back