Travelling to Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

PitLane1944

Draftee
Mar 7, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Hey suns fans

I am new to Bigfooty so big apologies if I have broken any customs by intruding or starting my own thread

I was hopeful of some friendly native advice

I am keen on flying up for the Suns v Blues game next month and I am looking at my flight home. The game is 2.40 on the Sunday and there’s a flight from Coolangatta at 7pm

I am mindful it’s cutting it a bit fine so I’m just wondering what the taxi arrangements are and the likely wait for a cab - and the traffic post a game

I see it’s about a 29 minute drive and the game finishes at 5, so with a fairly seamless transition I feel like it just might work

Would appreciate any advice - good luck this season!

i'm not sure what the traffic is like by car, but i always get the bus from nerang station to and from the ground. if you're first out the gates at the final siren, i'd jump on a free bus to get to nerang train station. from there, you would be able to get a taxi i'd imagine, although i haven't done that myself. it's closer to the highway and may save you some time and money. others may have better options however.

I don't think free bus to Nerang and then train/bus to Airport will work for a 7pm flight. Probably would for an 8pm flight.

As "exile" posted above,You would need to get on the 1st free bus to have a chance of being at the train station by 5.18pm.

Train departs Nerang 5.18pm Bus arrives at Airport 6.20pm.........Plane departs 7pm.
The next train departs 5.42pm and the bus get you to the Airport at 6.31pm

Fare of $5.80 for the trip.

It would be better if you could get a later flight.....

Hope it works for you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back