Travis Boak - Over rated by our supporters?

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Look you can abuse me that’s fine. But I’ll always stick up for great footballers and good men. I know your hurting - but Travis Boak is one of the finest footballers I’ve ever seen and a wonderful ambassador for your club.

He"s no better ******* Rory Sloane. Atleast he hasn't ripped the club off like Rory so ill give him that.

Cam1870

All Australian
May 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
When crows supporters come on here and talk more sense than some of us some people need a good hard look at themselves.
You're entitled to your opinion papa but it's pathetic. He's not the greatest player to have ever played but he's a true champion of this club.

DaKids

All Australian
May 18, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
He"s no better ******* Rory Sloane. Atleast he hasn't ripped the club off like Rory so ill give him that.
Look Mr. I’m not the usual Crows person - I’m a players advocate more than anything, particularly the young boys. But I will absolutely defend great players - and Travis IS a great player.

As an old man at 33 he still was 3rd best player. Now please - close this up and leave him. He deserves much better

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Bloody typical Papa G.

Makes a good post that's against the grain but pretty agreeable, then takes it too far.

Too far.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

DSL64

All Australian
Sep 29, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
I've held onto this for years. I've never actually said it out loud. But I've never really rated Travis Boak that highly. Yeah he's a great guy, yeah he's a good footballer, yeah he's highly professional, he's loyal but he's just not any where close to a super star. He's too fumbly, his skills aren't that great, he never really drags us across the line. Tonight was a perfect example. Again. People lose their sh*t at Ken, and rightly so, but Travis always escapes criticism.

We got smashed in the midfield. He didn't stand up. Our supporters over rate him. Massively.
Yeah, dud of a footballer.

Never deserved a B&F, let alone 2
Lucky to get AA honours, let alone spudding it up for 3
How the hell was he even gifted a game, let alone becoming our games records holder...

Waste of a draft pick

power09

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2008
Burra SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Timberwolves
Where was he at the pointy end in 2014? 2017? 2020? 2021?

Boak gets us to finals but he hits a mental wall when we get there.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
pretty sure he played great in the 2014 finals, but i get the point.
Personally I think since 2017 many of our midfielders have not been as damaging as they could be because our forwards don't lead up the ball carrier.
It seems to me that the forwards lead so randomly to contested spots that you need a leg like Dustin Martin or Nick Stevens to hit them up.

Aug 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I've held onto this for years. I've never actually said it out loud. But I've never really rated Travis Boak that highly. Yeah he's a great guy, yeah he's a good footballer, yeah he's highly professional, he's loyal but he's just not any where close to a super star. He's too fumbly, his skills aren't that great, he never really drags us across the line. Tonight was a perfect example. Again. People lose their sh*t at Ken, and rightly so, but Travis always escapes criticism.

We got smashed in the midfield. He didn't stand up. Our supporters over rate him. Massively.
you need to delete this post/thread

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm not going to smash Papa G. Everyone is upset about this and he's been on these boards a long time and deserves some respect.

But i do strongly disagree with this thread. Travis wasn't the only one who had a bad night. Arguably everyone had just about a career worst game. Funnily, i think i was saying the exact same thing after the West Coast loss and even the Brisbane loss this year. When this team plays bad they REALLY stink up the joint en masse. All of them. There's a pattern that has formed there. It's almost as if the coach hasn't prepared his team for the task at hand.....

MrPlow

Club Legend
Oct 25, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Tonight was a let down but let’s be clear - Boak would walk into the best 22 of every AFL team and that’s at age 33.

I agree, he’s not an X factor player and he won’t become a hall of famer, but he is a very good player.

Ljc_86

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Knowing that he reads BF, there's every chance he is reading this thread.

Macca knows way more than the regular poster so if boak is reading this.

PLEASE PLEASE Get the club a kicking coach.

FFS

You’ll got to North America to learn to run for days but won’t employ an Aussie to teach you how to kick 30m

Does that sound stupid to anyone else?

PAFCsince1870

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2006
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
Great player, great bloke no question

Putrid set shot for goal and I mean John Butcher bad

Back