Travis Boak - Over rated by our supporters?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL imo

Legends - Tredrea
Champions - Gray, Wanganeen
Greats - Cornes x 2, Burgoyne x 2, Boak, Primus, Lade

Near misses: quite a few including Schulz, Wilson, Pickett, Hoff, etc.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

This is a horrible subject and you should be ashamed of yourselves. There’s 100 places to look - don’t look here. This man has been a wonderful servant of your club - an absolutely outstanding footballer - and has been a solid South Australian too. Now go away and look at players like Rozee who won’t put their head over the ball.

he lacks composure in the big games. His poor choice into 50 was evident and even the coaches knew it, but they accept it as it’s not going to change now

I think he has been a great club man and gives his all..in terms of skills and influence he is alongside k Cornes and Cassisi. To win flags you need blue chip midfielders at the moment we don’t have any well gray used to be one and sometimes rolls the clock back.

I think he has been a great club man and gives his all..in terms of skills and influence he is alongside k Cornes and Cassisi. To win flags you need blue chip midfielders at the moment we don’t have any well gray used to be one and sometimes rolls the clock back.
I rate him higher than Kornes & Cassisi but on the skill level point he's not in the highest echelon of midfielders & never has been.

Travis Boak has given more of himself to this club than any player, coach or administrator in our AFL history. He is the club's games record holder, a triple All Australian midfielder, has won multiple B&Fs, captained the club and finished 2nd in the Brownlow. This thread is a joke.

I rate him higher than Kornes & Cassisi but on the skill level point he's not in the highest echelon of midfielders & never has been.
He's a three time All Australian and he finished second in the Brownlow last year. What's your definition of 'highest echelon'?

Whole swathe of Port players rigging the game in the last qrt let by non other than Boak n Pal pepper at one stage the crowd booed Pal Pepper, I can show u every dodgy hand pass n even Boak playing for the line, Kicks against the players moving direction. They were told of the Betting spreads at the 3qrt time huddle and played for that margin based probably u would say on some in game signals. Robbie curve kicked his goal in the last qrt so it hit the post he’s been Robbie ******* Gray for years now stealing punters money n damn him for doing it in the Prelim and the rest of em for sinking a proud club selfish bastards. The 2007 grand final u cud put on Geelong n home ground advantage tho this game was ridiculous!!!! Didn’t even try to play out the game with Pride wat a bunch of sell out crak smokers!!!!!!
Hmmmmmmm

1631486749871.png

Yep

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whole swathe of Port players rigging the game in the last qrt let by non other than Boak n Pal pepper at one stage the crowd booed Pal Pepper, I can show u every dodgy hand pass n even Boak playing for the line, Kicks against the players moving direction. They were told of the Betting spreads at the 3qrt time huddle and played for that margin based probably u would say on some in game signals. Robbie curve kicked his goal in the last qrt so it hit the post he’s been Robbie ******* Gray for years now stealing punters money n damn him for doing it in the Prelim and the rest of em for sinking a proud club selfish bastards. The 2007 grand final u cud put on Geelong n home ground advantage tho this game was ridiculous!!!! Didn’t even try to play out the game with Pride wat a bunch of sell out crak smokers!!!!!!
A62FEEE2-4976-43BC-8F9A-4789EB81C08C.jpeg

More often then not, in the games where we absolutely get obligated like Saturday night, Boak is usually the only one putting in the effort. Saturday night, he struggled, it happens.

He’s a legend of the club and just because he’s more of a work horse rather than flashy, or a bull, or an elite field kick or just any characteristic that not too many players share in the comp, doesn’t not make him a great of this club.

Gray had a poor night too, but he has the the points on the board. He's dragged us across the line many times, in big matches, in finals.

I can't think of a single time Boak has done that. Not one

Round 23. Specifically 3 weeks ago. 31 possessions and 2 goals. One that sealed it and confirmed a top 2 position. He's 33 years old. You're a *******.

Round 23. Specifically 3 weeks ago. 31 possessions and 2 goals. One that sealed it. You're a *******.

I was surprised as anyone he kicked that goal around the corner late in the game.

I thought maybe things were different this time. I thought a steel had gone through the group. Hinkley, Boak, Jonas. I was as positive as anybody over the last 6-8 weeks. I thought this year was different. Unfortunately they all reverted to type.

Once again, I have not said that Boak is s**t. He just lacks something that puts him in that upper echelon of players. He hasn't ever got the job done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back