Toast Travis Boak will play his 250th Game this Weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

Stepping down from the captaincy has been the best thing for his game.

I'd love to see him get to 300. He's been pretty durable so I can see him getting there.

Love the Love Boak.
It hasn't been a successful period for the PAFC but it has been a privilege to witness Travis Boak's AFL journey over the past decade and a bit.
There's been many highlights but the goal after the quarter-time siren in our first ever AFL Adelaide Oval game against Melbourne is one of my favourite Boak highlights.

Followed up with his match winning snap from the pocket in the last quarter.

Noone deserves to win his 250th more than Boaky.

The ultimate team man.

How much must it have burnt to lose the captaincy because he wasnt able to impact games because he was played out if position. Yet not a hint of complaint.

Loyal. Fearless. Hard working. Humble.

We love you Boaky.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fantastic player and team man. Sad to lose him as captain but so fabulous to see him back in career best form.

I hope he surpasses the club record for number of games played, as he is by far a much bettter footballer than Kane Cornes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Travis. Pity the coach wasted you for 3 years, rather than continuing to play you where you had played in that 2013-15 peak form.

But lets hope he gets some September success now he back playing in his best position. Plenty of players have played their best footy after they hit 30.

Love him. Turned down a huge Geelong offer after they sent their big guns into town to persuade him, all while we were out one of our lowest points as a club. The most professional player at the club and thoroughly deserves a premiership.
Our financial offer was bigger than Geelongs. He knocked back going closer to home and going to a better team.

Travis has had niggling injuries (ankles, shoulders, knees) for a few years, I think that's why he hasnt been performing to the levels we know he could. He finally has his body in tip-top shape, hence why he's gunning it in the midfield.

Yeah that must be it. Couldn't possibly have been because of a mistake by your mate Ken, could've it?

Incidentally Trav missed exactly one game of football over this three year period in which he was apparently so wracked by all of these injuries.

Trav sent me a little get well video a few years ago when I had a bad crash on my bike. He didn’t have to do it, but he did, and it lifted my spirits enormously.

Love this guy.

Love reading anecdotes like this. Reinforces my view that he's a class act on and off the field.

He had every reason to leave this club - family, money, football - and I reckon 90% of people put in his position would've. But he didn't. Since then, he's been nothing but an ultra professional, ultra reliable leader and role model. I said it in another thread but if we had 22 player with his dedication and commitment to the cause, we'd have won multiple premierships in his time. You simply can't fault him in any area.

Congrats to Boak this weekend. 250 is a huge achievement.

One of those players who's impossible not to like. Always honest in his effort and a loyal one club player. Not only a great example but absolutely lighting it up with his form this year.

All the best to him on Friday and hopefully a win that he deserves to top it off.

One of our greatest ever players. Have loved watching his career. Couldn't be happier that he's potentially having a career best year now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back