Opinion Travis Boak

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm so pleased Boak has returned to his best. It also breaks my heart thinking his last three or four years were down, probably because we cooked our squad through over training.

Robbie carried us to a prelim on his own in 2014. He was the clear best in the competition that year.

Boak is having an amazing year but it ain’t better than that one.

Gray was unreal in 2014 and yes, possibly better than Boak's 2019 so far but no way did he "carry us to a prelim on his own". The side actually functioned very well for the majority of that year with Boak & Wingard especially being excellent too.

AFTER each round, fierce debate ensues in the AFL.com.au office to assemble the Team of the Week.
Based on how many nominations each player has had this season, a mid-year All Australian team has been formed.
The line-up has been picked relatively true to position.

Good to see Travis made it .. :D

AFTER each round, fierce debate ensues in the AFL.com.au office to assemble the Team of the Week.
Based on how many nominations each player has had this season, a mid-year All Australian team has been formed.
The line-up has been picked relatively true to position.

View attachment 695547

Good to see Travis made it .. :D

...on the bench. campaigners.

40 disposals (9 more than anyone else on the ground) going at 75% KE and 82.5% DE, 6 inside 50s (equal most from both teams), 7 clearances (equal most from both teams), 7 score involvements (equal most from both teams).

Wasting several years of this bloke's career as a ******* half forward is, alone, reason enough to sack Hinkley.

13/17 games with 30 or more disposals. Averaging 33 disposals per game (previous best average was 26 per game in 2014). Having some kind of a career year at 30. If we'd won a few more games, he'd be in Brownlow contention for sure.

Stiff to be left out of the AA side. Better season than some that were included, but perhaps it's that old "if he played for a vic club" argument.
If Hinkley didn't play him up forward in the last month, he would have had a very good opportunity to get in the side.

If Hinkley didn't play him up forward in the last month, he would have had a very good opportunity to get in the side.
Is that because of injury?
Seriously, Ken has spent a whole season trying to sort out his forward personnel.
He had better hit the ground running with a functioning forward line from game one next season.

Is that because of injury?
Seriously, Ken has spent a whole season trying to sort out his forward personnel.
He had better hit the ground running with a functioning forward line from game one next season.
Boak didn't look injured, I think it was just Ken trying to shoehorn Wines in the side, and then he had to shoehorn Boak elsewhere. So the side is unbalanced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boak didn't look injured, I think it was just Ken trying to shoehorn Wines in the side, and then he had to shoehorn Boak elsewhere. So the side is unbalanced.

Boak was injured.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back