Opinion Travis Boak

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't play inside anymore, too slow for the outside. Not a damaging user. He is just an average player. He's like a poor mans Shaun Grigg

Can't play inside anymore, too slow for the outside. Not a damaging user. He is just an average player. He's like a poor mans Shaun Grigg

I'd like to disagree but his legs just seem to have stopped. He might make a decent forward pocket, as he can mark and knows where the goals are. However, we already have an injured RGray filling that role, meaning we are too slow and without defensive pressure with the two of them.

Perhaps a month off to get the body right, with a focus on stretching and sprint work.

Im drunk and sick of the negativity towards our capitan! Deserves more respect

Yeah I agree, I'm sick of the negativity directed at Ollie Wines.

left field thought
Could Travis Boak become a tagger?
Like imo is no slower than the Ryan crowleys, scott selwoods and Sam Gibsons of the world
I think it's worth a crack
Not a chance.

Runs away from the contests that matter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no bones about it, Travis is struggling. But I reckon he'll come out of it. He hasn't adjusted well to the extra time he has on the outside and thus rushes/makes poor decisions. His disposal, especially earlier in his career when he wasn't in the guts so much either, was top notch, so I'm backing him to fix the funk.

Some of those kicks from half back though were atrocious. Will need to step up big time if he's going to continue in this role now with Polec out.

Just seems like he's struggling with the position he's being asked to play, no different to Hartlett and Trengove. Why the coaches insist on experimenting with things that don't need to be messed with is beyond me.

He needs to give up the captiancy and maybe a sanfl game or 2 but with the polec and amon injuries he will have to play.

Been our best player the last decade and that should never be forgotten but he's just off and it sucks because he's a great man and a true professional

Back him in. He's rarely let us down. Get around him.

Hinkley won't drop him so there is no worry there . We know he will do everything he can but geez there are huge red arrows but with nicks(forward work) and hinkley in charge of him it's hard to see them making things better for him unfortunately

He needs to give up the captiancy and maybe a sanfl game or 2 but with the polec and amon injuries he will have to play.

Been our best player the last decade and that should never be forgotten but he's just off and it sucks because he's a great man and a true professional
Gray, wingard much better over that decade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back