Rumour Travis Boak

Remove this Banner Ad

Pleasantly surprised by the intelligent discussion in this thread, have enjoyed reading people's thoughts. No backhanded insult intended by the way, just chalk & cheese compared to the morons who discussed the issue on the Bombers board.

FWIW there's a general feeling at Port that Boak's manager is spicing up his market value, and it's unlikely he'll go anywhere. There's also a general feeling however, that offering him a 2 year contract was ludicrous, and hopefully not insulting to the point that he feels under-valued and therefore open to outside offers.

As usual, time will tell...

Pleasantly surprised by the intelligent discussion in this thread, have enjoyed reading people's thoughts. No backhanded insult intended by the way, just chalk & cheese compared to the morons who discussed the issue on the Bombers board.

FWIW there's a general feeling at Port that Boak's manager is spicing up his market value, and it's unlikely he'll go anywhere. There's also a general feeling however, that offering him a 2 year contract was ludicrous, and hopefully not insulting to the point that he feels under-valued and therefore open to outside offers.

As usual, time will tell...

wow, you guys only offered him 2 years?

your opinion on the reasoning behind that mate?

wow, you guys only offered him 2 years?

your opinion on the reasoning behind that mate?

Going by this article written in March, PAFC have allowed Boak and Gray to nominate whichever contract length they prefer:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...at-port-adelaide/story-e6frecj3-1225839474227

Rohde said Port would offer Boak and Gray two-or-three-year deals, depending on what they prefer

PAFC would presumably want to stitch them both up long term... but from the player and agent's perspective, if their careers progress at the expected rate, they'll both command more $ in 2 years than now. So signing a 2 year deal and then a more lucrative one afterwards nets the player more cash than an immediate 4 or 5 year deal.

The more I look at it, the more I expect them to sign around the mid-year break.

In a major coup for the Power, the out-of-contract midfielders - good mates off the field - have made a pact to stay together at Alberton, despite the lure of making more money in Queensland.

Port football operations manager Peter Rohde last night said both players - key building blocks to the club's future - had verbally committed to stay, prompting contract negotiations to start with their manager, Tom Petroro.
"We've begun negotiations and while they will take some time to finalise we'd hope to have something wrapped up by mid-season," Rohde said of two deals integral to Port's on-field future. "The great news for the club is that Robbie and Travis have told us they want to stay, that they are happy here.

Old article but the agent is giving the team the run around.

I, for one, hope that it doesn't turn into what I think it could lead to for your footy club, ash.

I don't understand the league wide sentiment that nobody wants to play for the Power. However, players coming out of contract could really turn that to their betterment and the teams detriment by demanding more than they could get elsewhere.

We've already seen cases in the past where Power players (and/or their agents) have forced the clubs hand in trading them or losing them for nothing once their contract expires.

The longterm affects of that can effectively harm the 'parity' that the AFL is well known to strive for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back