Travis Cloke Contract Discussion Megathread + Trav on TFS tonight - 28/6/12

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard Travis is negotiating a deal where he gets to be in the Big Brother house with Lady Gaga.

You blokes are flapping around like fishes out of water.

Faith, my Collingwood brethren.

Have some FAITH!

Put your toys back in your cot.

Travis is staying.

Just not on the terms and conditions of signing when you want him to.

Is this guy serious? This is the guy who made 125 threads about how stupid Collingwood were to get rid of Malthouse, and he talks like this? Go back to the bay where you belong.

Is this guy serious? This is the guy who made 125 threads about how stupid Collingwood were to get rid of Malthouse, and he talks like this? Go back to the bay where you belong.

He is just Trolling Again

I must admit I can't help but think back to post-round three whenever i see one of Blessed's posts. Particularly that one on the main board. My god that was terrible. Hopefully you''ll right the track record with the Clokey prediction.

It's hardly a big deal waiting longer, last time he signed mid October and that dragged out since about May in 2010.
Here are some quotes from the last contract
Travis Cloke says he was never going to leave the club despite the trade-week threat that he would nominate for the NAB AFL Draft.
"I wanted to stay no matter what," Cloke told collingwoodfc.com.au from Collingwood's altitude training camp in Arizona. "It was just a matter of working out numbers and views and pretty much the finer details.

He has a great relationship with Bucks and I don't think he'll be going anywhere.

I must admit I can't help but think back to post-round three whenever i see one of Blessed's posts. Particularly that one on the main board. My god that was terrible. Hopefully you''ll right the track record with the Clokey prediction.

How woeful was it? And now admonishing us all for being panic merchants! Just wait for the imminent 7 year Cloke deal.

In all of this, as I've said before, I couldn't care if Trav stays or leaves. The Collingwood footy club will go on with or without Trav. Travis is not the be all and end all of the team. Sure he's good but I definitely believe there are other options. For starters, Ben Reid has come a long way since his early stint in the forward line and I'd struggle to see how he'd kick less goals than Trav. Secondly, and I know what some around here are going to say, we all know what Dawes is capable of. Sure, he's not producing it right now but I am confident, as Bucks has said, that if he keeps presenting it will come eventually. It's just a confidence thing. I can even imagine Taz returning to the forward line or maybe even Rambo. I'm not sweating on keeping Trav, I'd just like the negotiations to end sooner rather than later so that the club can concentrate on the immediate future and get others signed up.

Truth be known I think Trav will sign and hopefully quite soon but in reality I just don't think that it's good for the club to be delaying the signing of others. That's not to say that there's specific evidence that's happening but it stands to reason that if you have a player holding out and who commands a fairly large slice of the cap then it will undeniably limit what planning can be done in other areas until the negotiations are finished. If we lost Beams or Reid as a result "I'll spew up!" It's also not hard to imagine a number of players feeling a little nervous about their own contracts when they know that the club is tight on the cap and I can't see how that's an especially good thing in terms of where their heads are at on match days. Professional or not, they are still human.

Every other player who gets asked about his contract responds with mundane statements like "Oh, my manager is looking after all that but I really hope to stay".

FFS, they don't go on the footy show and say something like "Gee, I'm really hanging out for Walshy to give me a big chocolate sundae with extra marshmallows and heaps of those nutty things and a cherry on top and couldn't give a rats whether my beloved teammates starve."

Please, I hope they sort this out soon, one way or the other.

To be honest, none of us know if Travis is staying or going..

And probably Travis doesn't even know yet either.

But it was a shambles for him to go on the Footy Show and basically say nothing.

We are a Club obsessed by Media Street.

To be honest, none of us know if Travis is staying or going..

And probably Travis doesn't even know yet either.

But it was a shambles for him to go on the Footy Show and basically say nothing.

We are a Club obsessed by Media Street.

Seriously, do you have bipolar?? If you do I apologise for my previous remarks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard Travis is negotiating a deal where he gets to be in the Big Brother house with Lady Gaga.

You blokes are flapping around like fishes out of water.

Faith, my Collingwood brethren.

Have some FAITH!

You've got to be shitting me!!!!! You of all posters have absolutely no right to post about people keeping the faith.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/buckley-cant-coach.928992/

That piece of s**t thread came the day after we lost to Carlton....

With this all up in the air still, who do u think Walshy and Hinds have their eyes on? Surely with the speculation running we must be 'into someone' in a big way behind the scenes.

I don't recall losing a big fish, if we do....let's grab one.

After watching last night, it sounds like he really is holding the club to ransom.

He can piss off. Won't have another crack at a flag derailed by a selfish child who makes the whole season about themselves.

Didn't watch it last night... but I'm gonna be the devil's advocate and say it...

Is this going to be a repeat of the Malthouse situation? o_O

Didn't watch it last night... but I'm gonna be the devil's advocate and say it...

Is this going to be a repeat of the Malthouse situation? o_O

God I hope not.

Not once did Trav say or allude to the fact that he may have to take unders to play with his mates.
Why oh why did he go on the show at all.

Last week we were celebrating the wit and calmless of the Brownlow Medalist.
This week we have our key forward basically saying he wants 5 years, is holding out.
I didn't see a lot of warmth coming from the big Trav.

I hope we stitch it up before finals, or tell him to go.

Surely Bucks won't let this derail our campaign.

With this all up in the air still, who do u think Walshy and Hinds have their eyes on? Surely with the speculation running we must be 'into someone' in a big way behind the scenes.

I don't recall losing a big fish, if we do....let's grab one.
Tippett maybe?

There is no doubt that Collingwood would have a contingency plan if Cloke does leave, and there's almost no doubt the club would have contacted a few mangers of out of contract and free agent players just to say "if Cloke leaves we'll be interested".

That's what Cloke and his group have to realise, he is not that important, he is just important.

Didn't like the sound of that very much at all.

The usual mealy mouth comments re wanting to stay at the club with his mates, Dad and brother used to be there, blah, blah..
but at the end of the day, he said he needs to think of what's best for himself, still wants five years and would really only look at 4 years if there were extras around the contract.

Also, when asked had he thought of other players potentially being squeezed out (by his large slice of the contract) he replied no, he hadn't thought of that, and rather glibly said he thought the club would work it out...

Not overly impressed with all that I gotta say.

You're one of my favourite posters mate but WTF interview were you watching?? LOL

The only issue i had with the interview was Travis actually saying he has been offered 5 years at around $1m a season by Freo and smirking while saying it. That s**t shouldnt be aired on TV while still negotiating with the club.
Unless I mis-heard, he also said that he 'got on pretty well' with the Carlton boys. Last night convinced me that we should settle the contracts with the other boys then offer Cloke what is left. I got the impression that Cloke is prepared to go if Collingwood don't meet his demand, and as far as I am concerned, he can go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back