Travis Cloke Glove Cheat

Remove this Banner Ad

Cloke is a dud and has to cheat massively to have a good outing. There is no denying that.
Did you watch the game?

Cloke got a stack one-on-ones against undersized defenders - he's been marking those his entire career. GWS's midfield got pantsed, that's why those opportunities presented themselves. Hell even Jesse White dominated FFS.

Regardless it's been proven that Hutchy wasn't wearing the same glove Cloke was so that demonstration means precisely nothing.

Did you watch the game?

Cloke got a stack one-on-ones against undersized defenders - he's been marking those his entire career. GWS's midfield got pantsed, that's why those opportunities presented themselves. Hell even Jesse White dominated FFS.

Regardless it's been proven that Hutchy wasn't wearing the same glove Cloke was so that demonstration means precisely nothing.
Did you read the thread?

Post 23 has a great account of the differences between the two gloves - Not much, both marketed to do the same thing.

Did you watch the game?

Saw the second half. Cloke was running amok and turned the clock back five years. It prompted me to make a half-serious joke about ASADA.

Should've been treated far more seriously by the AFL than it was, but it's done.

Was Travis Clokes whole career built on an unfair advantage? Remember he was the most reliable 1 on 1 contested mark. Looking at his stats pre and post glove ban can be interesting too, also the game in question in this thread is arguably his last great game. This topic has interested me because his fall from grace has been staggering, remember he was in demand and a huge re-signing when his manager bent Collingwood over at the renegotiation table.

I didn't want to start a new thread on it and this thread isn't too old. I hope we can put his mental health issues aside and just discuss Cloke and his glove. Out of interest when did Travis Cloke start using his glove? I know they were banned in 2013.

I also want to note that other players would have used those gloves as well. Now I'm not 100% certain it was the same type of glove but Mike Pyke used to wear a glove as well and unsurprisingly he was also one of the best/leading contested mark players in the league, Q Lynch is another synonymous with the glove but he only played one season (his last) without that type of glove. Also Chris Dawes used the same gloves, remember he was considered good for a while too (probably until about 2013 if I was to guess)

Was Travis Clokes whole career built on an unfair advantage? Remember he was the most reliable 1 on 1 contested mark. Looking at his stats pre and post glove ban can be interesting too, also the game in question in this thread is arguably his last great game. This topic has interested me because his fall from grace has been staggering, remember he was in demand and a huge re-signing when his manager bent Collingwood over at the renegotiation table.

I didn't want to start a new thread on it and this thread isn't too old. I hope we can put his mental health issues aside and just discuss Cloke and his glove. Out of interest when did Travis Cloke start using his glove? I know they were banned in 2013.

I also want to note that other players would have used those gloves as well. Now I'm not 100% certain it was the same type of glove but Mike Pyke used to wear a glove as well and unsurprisingly he was also one of the best/leading contested mark players in the league, Q Lynch is another synonymous with the glove but he only played one season (his last) without that type of glove. Also Chris Dawes used the same gloves, remember he was considered good for a while too (probably until about 2013 if I was to guess)
I don't think so.

Gees do you want to strip our premiership then! I'm sure gear gets checked! Was he the only one who had one? Any team could have got them I'm sure, or was that Eddie! I hope he plays a blinder tomorrow kicks 10 in a losing side! I'll always love Trav!

Gees do you want to strip our premiership then! I'm sure gear gets checked! Was he the only one who had one? Any team could have got them I'm sure, or was that Eddie! I hope he plays a blinder tomorrow kicks 10 in a losing side! I'll always love Trav!

Didnt his glove get checked and then he somehow ended up playing with a different glove which was actually banned?

Why do you want him to lose? Money on the Bombers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back